Job Vacancy – Digital Product Designer
Duma Works is recruiting a Digital Product Designer for our client, Everwaters Ltd in Nairobi.
Founded in 2015, Everwaters is a for-profit social enterprise that designs and distributes high-quality, affordable consumer water filtration systems to serve the 2.1 billion people with, according to the United Nations, “improved-water” that is either contaminated with harmful bacteria, viruses, or heavy metals, such as lead or arsenic. Our mission is to keep families healthy, happy, and hydrated.
Everwaters was created with one simple belief: everyone, everywhere deserves great water at a fair price. As such, we aim to provide our own brand of exceptional water filters to families around the world. We just think water filters should mean “filtering” our water, keeping us safe from lead, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, and just about anything else that may be in our tap water. For too long, we had to choose low-quality water filters that have little regard for you and your family. We knew there was a better way, so we created Everwaters to bring high-quality, natural water filters at great prices for the whole family.
Find the company details at;-
About the role
Everwaters’ digital product designers care deeply about human-centered design solutions for everwaters.io and care about expanding its digital and print touch points across East Africa. They wear many hats, looking holistically at the end-to-end user experience and thinking thoroughly through every detail of the interfaces created and stories they tell. They collaborate across disciplines, working closely with a project manager, developers, and brand designers. They lead in the company as an advocate for the user.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Demonstrate beautiful and functional visual and interaction design, typography, and hierarchy for our core website and other digital touchpoints in the Everwaters ecosystem.
- Continually strive to express the Everwaters brand in a digital and print medium and through partnership distribution channels.
- Analyze data to determine best design initiatives and effectiveness of new designs
- Drive digital community into physical retail outlets to drive revenue growth; measure and approximate conversion rates per digital funnel.
- Closely collaborate with creative team to craft compelling stories through copy, video, animation, illustration and photography. Have the vision to know where and when they are best employed.
- Elegantly architect complex end-to-end UX flows for all core and uncommon user scenarios and profiles.
- Quickly prototype new features or experiences to get feedback.
- Address both product and business goals by creating user-centric design solutions.
- Partner with a producer and lead engineer in a product team. Lead UX/UI discussion in cross-team collaborations with data, marketing, and user-research. Openly and confidently express design vision and needs, and seek solutions that support developer and business needs.
- Help the digital team develop new tools and processes for achieving success, e.g. a style guide or a device lab.
- Share honest, thoughtful feedback with fellow designers. Commit to continually learning, training, and improving yourself and others.
Project Scoping & Management
- Identify the types of feedback, research, and data needed to inform the multi-step rollout of marketing design iterations.
- Effectively scope and phase a given project through its lifecycle, adapting it to new information along the way. Align your team and stakeholders on project design goals.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects in a dynamic working environment, and seek help when needed. Recognize and help when your colleagues need support.
- Identify and pitch opportunities to create business value through new user experience features or optimizations
These describe you
- 5+ years’ experience as a front-end developer.
- 2+ years working on eCommerce platforms such as Shopify or Jumia
- Expert understanding of sales funnels, both digital and physical
- A degree in a Computer Science or related field
- Excellent ability to communicate messages through images, creative diagrams
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Highly proficient with Adobe Illustrator
- Amazingly creative person and out of the box thinker
- Ability to cross-culturally communicate and work with a diverse team (age, gender, culture)
- Highly motivated, proactive, and willing to work outside normal 9am – 5pm hours and even on the weekends
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Keen interest for water and/or family health
- A sense of humor and an ability to be flexible and learn in a dynamic environment
Here’s who you’ll work with
- Directly report to Head of Marketing and Sales Team
- The Everwaters’ team at large to build an exceptional business that delivers great products
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3046”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3046 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 30th November 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.