Job Vacancy – Driver in Nairobi
Duma works is recruiting a Truck Driver for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading distributor of beverages in East Africa.
We are looking for an experienced truck driver (Class B, C & E) to serve our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner.They will be driving a truck up to 10 tone
• Transport goods to and from Warehouse and distribution centers / Customer Premises
• Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
• Follow the given routes and meet delivery schedules
• Document and log periods and kilometers spent driving
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
• Collect and verify delivery instructions
• Report defects, accidents or violations
• At least 5 years of proven work experience as a truck driver (Class B, C & E)
• Ability to drive long hours
• Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
• No recent moving or driving violations
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
• Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
• Valid truck driving license (Class B, C & E)
• Minimum Educational Qualification: KCSE
• Valid Police Clearance Certificate.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3122”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3122 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 15 November 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: africa, and, chain, company, customer, delivery, driver, driving, DUMA, DUMA Works, East Africa, Employment, job, KCSE, Knowledge, logistics, maintenance, mechanical, nairobi, of, one, person, policies, Recruiting, sales, supply, supply chain, truck driver, warehouse, work, works