Job Vacancy – e-Mobility and Innovation Coordinator
Duma Works is recruiting an e-Mobility and Innovation Coordinator for one of our clients in Homabay. WeTu is a social enterprise in the Lake Victoria region. Our vision is to improve lives in rural Kenya by creating sustainable solutions through innovative products and services targeting key needs of rural populations: energy, water and mobility.
To deliver our service to our clients and closely interact with them to understand their evolving needs and interests, WeTu operates a hub model. Currently, our hubs are located in Mbita, Homa Bay, Sori, Sindu, Nyandiwa, Ragwe, and Hongwe and have modern state-of-the-art water filtration technology and solar equipment.
We currently have two successful product lines which we are planning to grow through franchise or other business growth models:
- Water services: We provide clean and safe drinking water at a competitive price, and carry out sanitation and hygiene trainings to raise awareness.
- Solar lanterns: Omena fishermen use our modern and safe technology, which helps them save money while having an environmentally friendly source of light while working at night on their boats.
We are now introducing a third product line into the market, to meet the mobility needs of rural businesses and families in a sustainable, clean and climate friendly way. Starting with e-cargo bikes and e-bodas, locally fabricated and charged by solar, we will close the last-mile transport challenge in the communities we work in. With reduced transport costs, more jobs, social impact pairs with environmental management and reduced C=2 emissions.
About the Role
You will work in a team of three E-mobility coordinators. You will have responsibility for the definition of customer insights and business development for E-mobility services to accelerate rural market access. You will interact with actors in the e-mobility eco-system: start-up partners, local stakeholders, authorities. Your will report to an international project manager located in Germany.
- Manage partnerships with crucial stakeholders.
- Research needs and challenges of transport for the user
- Relate to potential customer groups: market women, farmers, fish traders, others
- Draw relevant insights into innovative transport models enabled by our e-mobility solutions
- Interact with service deliverers (drivers)
- M&E of operations
What we are looking for
We are looking for a self-driven candidate with strong commitment and high energy who is excited to pilot new and exciting business models in Western Kenya! We want to offer a 1-year initial contract to an energetic business lead who understands user groups and easily can identify advantages in the market. We would like to find an innovative thinker who is ready to work on future technologies and to connect it to the rural markets. The duty station will be Homabay or Mbita with regular travel to other hubs (Sori, Sindu etc.).
We explicitly welcome the application of qualified women.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3660”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3660 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 4 November 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Follow us on social media
Posted in Jobs Tags: 3d, and, business, business development, customer, development, energy, enterprise, grid, growth, impact, international, Jobs, Kenya, key, line, manage, Management, manager, market, Markets, of, Partnerships, pilot, planning, product, project, project manager, research, rural, service, services, social, Social Enterprise, solar, solutions, team, technology, the, transport, travel, two, web, work