Job Vacancy – e-waste Operations Coordinator
Duma Works is recruiting an e-waste Operations Coordinator for our client in Homa Bay. Our client is a social enterprise whose vision is to improve lives in rural Kenya by creating sustainable solutions through innovative products and services targeting key needs of rural populations: energy, water and mobility. Our client leverages international and local technology to drive innovations and improvements in rural lives using various social business models.
About the role
We are looking for an energetic e-waste Coordinator to launch and operate our e-waste collection and pre-processing unit. You will develop relationships to relevant stakeholders along the value chain and proof that a business model in e-waste in Kenya is possible. We are looking for a self-driven candidate with strong commitment and high energy who is excited to pilot new and exciting new projects in western Kenya!
Location of employment
Homa Bay with regular travel to other hubs (Mbita, Sori, Sindu etc.)
- Registration of e-waste operations(national and county authorities)
- Setting up collection points in seven hubs
- Setting up of pre-processing unit
- Ensure smooth operations of collection points and processing unit
- Ensure data collection
- Ensure compliance (environmental, safety, clean businessetc.)
- Set up sales of waste components to external partners
- Relationships to county government, NEMA etc.
- Relationships to informal sector workers etc.
Training and Human Resource
- Coordinate training of staff with external partner
- Support the hiring of staff
- Coordinate sensitization campaigns with extern partner
- Coordinate social marketing campaigns
Continued Innovation and Improvement of the business model and its operations
- Continually understand needs and interests from customers
- Develop further use cases/business models in areas such collection and processing
- Develop and implement own/further ideas
What we are looking for
- You are excited about working in a social enterprise and pushing innovation in rural development through business approaches.
- You have at least 3 years of work experience in e-waste management, business development, operations, or similar roles with strong results
- You have experience working in rural/peri-urban setting and feel confident working with informal sector workers, local fishermen, and other local user groups
- You are willing to travel regularly to the various hub locations in the area
- You enjoy a customer-driven job and stay energized through constant people interaction.
- You are very organized, with good time management.
- Experience managing others is highly preferred
- You know how to capture sales data in Excel and make basic analysis
- You are self-driven and know how to make things happen with minimal supervision
- You have good Microsoft Office skills
- You hold a bachelor degree in business studies, social sciences, engineering, economics or related.
You fit into our culture if:
- You are excited about moving a social enterprise forward and to implement state of the art technology and business models
- You are passionate about eWaste
- You enjoy working in Homabay
- You learn fast and adapt quickly to new demands
- You enjoy working with various clients as well as an international board
Why work here?
- Be part of driving socio-economic development through business expansion and growth in Homa Bay, Migori and Siaya County
- See the results of your work and leave your footprint in making a business sustainable
- Work in a value-led organization
- Exposure to research and technology partners from Germany and other places
- Health insurance
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3645”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3645 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 26 October 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, business, business development, chain, client, collection, compliance, coordinator, Data, development, economics, energy, enterprise, government, Hiring, human, innovation, international, job, Kenya, key, Management, Marketing, of, Office, operations, operations coordinator, opportunities, people, pilot, processing, Recruiting, rural, rural development, sales, services, social, Social Enterprise, social sciences, solutions, technology, training, travel, waste, work, works