Job Vacancy – Education Project Officer- Meru Region
Duma Works is recruiting an Education Project Officer for our client; a non-profit that works to preserve and protect wildlife in its natural habitat.
Description of role:
To deliver the education programme in the Amboseli Ecosystem. This will include:
- Working with the Education Programmes Leader on the planning and implementation of local wildlife and environmental curriculums/community action plans (including individual animals and wild animal welfare)
- Delivery of regular teaching sessions and participation in practical conservation activities within partner schools and communities; the creation of relevant materials; and management of the relationship with partner schools and communities in line with the company’s objectives.
- Implement the company’s education programme in the Meru Conservation Area, under the guidance of the Education Programme Leader – covering teaching sessions and activity planning and day to day programme monitoring
- Ensure consistency in education programme approach and delivery across the Meru Conservation Area to increase the understanding of the company’s work and in line with the company’s vision and mission
- Working with the local conservation team to ensure the translation of the company’s work into a clear educational message that enables external audiences to take effective action and make positive behavioral changes
- Collaborating with the wider team to develop novel ways to engage different audiences, including identifying social, cultural, political and psychological factors that may affect decision making
- Developing strong relationships with partner schools and communities to support the company’s education programme
- Implement an education programme evaluation process that allows the company to collate, analyze and apply feedback on the educational activities undertaken
The role reports directly to the Education Programmes Leader (technical management of the education activities) and Meru Manager (day-to-day management). Key internal staff relationships include the company’s staff based in Meru, the Office Manager and GIS Officer and the role’s counterpart located in the Amboseli ecosystem
Required qualifications and skills:
- Minimum diploma but preferably the undergraduate level of education in the environmental field
- At least 3 years of work experience in environmental education or conservation field
- Experience working in an out of office setup and working with community members
- Ability to interact with and positively influence people and share knowledge without bias
- A good listener capable of being objective and non-judgemental
- Project management skills and experience, including strong organizational skills and financial accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to work independently, and within a team environment;
- Strong communication as well as report and writing skills targeted at different audiences, including a wide variety of age ranges and groups from different cultural backgrounds;
- Fluency in at least one of the main local languages and an understanding of the different cultures and traditions of the groups in the job area
- An understanding of and familiarity with the job area
- Dedicated, highly motivated and reliable with the ability to prioritize work and manage time and projects effectively;
- Valid Driving License with 2years driving experience
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3598”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3598 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Tuesday, 30 April 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: DUMA Works, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, jobs in kenya, Jobs in Meru, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, Meru, Opportunity, project, project officer, Vacancies in Meru