Job Vacancy – Employee Relations Manager
Duma Works is recruiting an Employee Relations Manager for our client; a market leader in cleaning solutions for both domestic and commercial customers.
Overall purpose of the job
To provide leadership in the areas of Employee Welfare, Industrial Relations and Health and Safety activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement relevant policies such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, etc
- Coordinate and oversee the day to day activities of the team
- Oversee all health and safety aspects of the organization
- Coordinate disputes resolution processes and administer disciplinary measures
- Act as a liaison between management and employees by providing clarity on employment matters and facilitating a solution to work-related problems
- Manage, lead and develop staff by providing supervision, performance measurements and recommendations
- Analyse staff data and provide recommendations for improvement of organization’s staff policies and practices
- Participate in exit interviews
- Coordinate staff training on labor relations activities
- Develop employee welfare projects
- Organise and plan for the stewards annual general meeting.
- Represent the company at staff-related hearings and investigations
- Analyse legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining agreements to assess industry trends
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as FKE, Ministry of Labour
- Degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in dealing with industrial relations issues in a busy environment with at least two (2) years in a supervisory position
Skills and competencies required
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to make fair judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of people
- Good planning and organizational skills
- High integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
Human Resource and Administration Department
Job reports to
Jobholder is supervised by person in this job title: Group Head of Human Resources and Administration
Jobholder supervises these jobs: Environmental Health and Safety Officer
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2232”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2232, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th May 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
Posted in Jobs Tags: employee, HR, human, job, Kenya, Management, manager, nairobi, opening, Opportunity, relations, resource, vacancy