Job Vacancy – English Teacher
Duma works is recruiting for an English teacher for one of our clients, an international school in Nairobi.
Our client is looking for a committed Teacher to complement their qualified workforce of educators. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements which will be fundamental, to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their
personalities and skills. The ideal candidate should be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and
meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students interest in education and be dedicated in the entire process of learning and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience as a teacher in an international school teaching English
- Teaching experience in Cambridge IGCSE and/or A-Level or in any other British Curriculum is mandatory
- Cambridge International Curriculum (Key Stage 1 to 4) / UK national curriculum experience
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Degree in teaching specifically English & Literature
- Applicants must have a TSC number
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Eloquence in English
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3410”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3410 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 19 July 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Best Practices, communication, content, development, Education, english teacher, IGCSE, international, job, Knowledge, learning, policies, professional, Recruiting, Relationship, teacher, teaching