Job Vacancy – Executive Assistant
Duma Works is recruiting an Executive Assistant for our client, a young, innovative and ambitious cashew nut brand that is working hard to create more value for rural communities. This position will be based in Zanzibar, Tanzania.
The incumbent reports to the CEO/MD and performs confidential, executive, secretarial & administrative duties as assigned.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Executive, Secretarial & Administrative Duties
- Manages the day-to-day administrative affairs of the CEO/MD’s office, scheduling all appointments, conferences and speaking engagements and other commitments; handles changes or cancellations as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Provides the CEO/MD with background information, meeting summaries and supporting documents in preparation for scheduled appointments, meetings and speaking engagements; maintains and tracks a detailed priority list of projects and engagements
- Maintains an efficient flow of information between all levels of the company including internal and external contacts on a wide spectrum of plans, projects and priorities
- Screens incoming calls to the CEO/MD’s office, determining the nature of calls and whether or not they require the attention of the CEO/MD, takes messages and maintains contact lists and whenever possible responds to callers directly based on the knowledge of the CEO/MD’s preferences, office functions, policies, priorities and availability
- Processes all incoming correspondence received in the office of the CEO/MD, prioritizing and determining its disposition.
- Directs mail to appropriate internal staff with instructions and suggestions for preparation of a reply.
- Determines which correspondence can be handled by self and takes initiative in drafting responses for the CEO/MD’s signature based on knowledge of activities, interests, priorities and issues. Follows the same procedures for electronic mail
- Reviews, proofreads, and formats all correspondence prepared for the CEO/MD’s signature to ensure accuracy and completeness, as well as consistency with the company’s policy standards and exercises good judgment in following up with staff to ensure deadlines are met on documents requiring the CEO/MD’s signature
- Handles confidential and sensitive information with poise, tact, and diplomacy;
- Schedules and organizes all activities such as meetings, travel, car services, and company activities for the CEO/MD
- Produces meeting summaries and maintains and tracks the CEO/MD’s priority lists of projects and other board memberships and responsibilities
- Serves as a liaison with other departments, partner companies, affiliate organizations, government offices, other agencies and senior level staff
- Liaises with the company’s accountants & auditors for the production and approval of monthly, half yearly and annual reports on the performance of the company
- Works independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects when necessary;
- Photocopies, scans, posts or emails information as needed or requested
- Maintains files used by the CEO/MD and company on an ongoing basis, modifying when necessary; applying company rules pertaining to retention and disposition
- Arranges, in conjunction with other departments, special events sponsored by the company or the CEO/MD
- Performs any other duties as may be required or assigned by the CEO/MD
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- A high level of discretion, tact, judgment, and poise and must have a solid aptitude for customer service.
- Duties are highly confidential and require comprehensive knowledge of the policies and operations of the organization.
- The individual works both independently and as a team player under general instructions on a wide variety of special projects.
- The individual will exhibit a high degree of the ability to work well with the management, staff, clients, consultants & other stakeholders aligned to the organization.
- High degree of skill in grammar, spelling and punctuation are essential.
- Requires excellent computer skills. Well conversant with IT & all programs related to Microsoft Office. Familiarity and experience with spreadsheet software also desirable.
- In-depth Knowledge of Administration matters, Marketing, Diplomacy and PR is desirable
Education and Experience
- Diploma / Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years of experience supporting CEO/MD of a medium or large size company
Special demands/skills & personal attributes
- Top-notch people skills: The ability to control, nurture and manage interpersonal skills & business relationships with the Board of Directors, clients, partners, consultants, suppliers, employees and other stakeholders aligned to the company
- Capable of handling difficult situations without losing control
- Self-driven & results oriented
- Focused and performance oriented
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to keep information obtained in the conduct of the business of the company private and confidential
To apply online click here
* After making your application, you will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test from [email protected]. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. In case of any challenges when making your application, email us on [email protected]
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application. Application is only open to Tanzanian Nationals only.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, agronomist production manager, business administration, CEO, Executive Assistant jobs in tanzania, executive officer positions in zanzibar, Jobs in Tanzania, jobs in zanzibar