Job Vacancy – Executive Officer
Duma Works is recruiting an Executive Officer for a Trust in Nairobi.
Contract duration/type: 1 year fixed term, annual renewals depending on available funding & performance indicators
Induction: Orientation with the Board of Trustees.
The primary overall objectives of this role are: to provide strategic direction and management of our mobile clinic campaigns in low income areas, related administrative aspects and generate income through fundraising activities to support the Trust’s work. Critical to success in this role is the ability to identify and mobilize funding ; understand and manage the delicate relations with various partners/stakeholders ; and understand and enhance operational processes, animal welfare and internal and external relations. He/ She must develop and improve partnerships with key stakeholders including donors, national, county, public, private and NGO partners and the veterinary community to assure successful funding and implementation of our program. The EO will ensure excellent communication and co-ordination within the Trust.
- Responsible for managing the Trust such that strategic and operational plans are achieved within the time frames set
- Develop and propose operational strategy including annual plans, budgets and key performance indicators
- Lead innovation ensuring that projects are nimble and responsive to changing environment / needs
- Proactively grow the the program by tapping into opportunities for growth and through active resource mobilization
- Ensure submission of reports and contractual deliverables
- Mentor and manage the team and align their efforts to ensure the achievement of program objectives.
- Represent the Trust in various platforms including key donor and government meetings.
- Fostering good relationships with veterinarians, veterinary professional bodies and other partners to make sure that there is synergy in execution and desired outcomes of our objectives.
- Answerable to deliverables of project budget and management of stakeholder relationships.
- Oversee performance monitoring and evaluation to ensure all program targets are met or exceeded, making recommendations for improvement in implementation
- Proactively identify problems involving program implementation and make appropriate adjustments to meet objectives
- Enhance and expand our education program
- Enhance the Trust’s profile through social media and other public platforms to improve its image and funding opportunities
Internal & External relationships
- Dogs & cats
- KSPCA & other animal welfare organizations
- Foster & adopting families
- Event organizers
- Various types of Donors
- Animal welfare and Community health NGO’s & companies
- The Trust’s large group of supporters
- Dogs & cats
Qualification & Main experience
- Degree in Business Administration or other related fields
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant professional experience managing a Trust or business
- Proven success in fundraising for donor funded projects and their implementation, whether as CSR or other
- Applicant is a Kenyan National
Skills and Experience
- Interest in animal welfare
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Ability to drive change and innovation
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience in creating and managing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and make effective decisions
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and partner with relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English and Kiswahili, both verbally and in writing
- Outgoing, cheerful personality
- Highly driven, self-motivated and independent individual
- High level Microsoft Office program experience & skills
- Good understanding of the best way to use various social media channels
- Experience (including in personal sphere) interacting with dogs/other animals
- Interest in community welfare
- Practical knowledge of website software management
- Proposal writing
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 12 February 2021
* After making your application, you will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test from [email protected]. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Admin, admin assistant, Administration, administrative, administrative officer, administrator jobs in Kenya, communication, Communications, Design, Education, environment, events, excel, executive officer jobs in kenya, Finance, Fundraising, general, iko kazi, information, international, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, Knowledge, logistics, Office, officer, people, personal, pet care, pet lovers, pets, planning, professional, program, Promotion, reports, Social Media, software, stock, supply, support, writing