Job Vacancy – Factory Manager
Duma works is recruiting for a Factory Manager for our client, a leading supplier of tactical and outdoor gear.
- Plan, organise, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations from feedstock baling, feedstock transporting to factory site, milling and briquetting to exceed our customers’ expectations;
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimising unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards;
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time delivery;
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilise assets to produce optimal results;
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus;
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions;
- Collect and analyse data to find places of waste or overtime;
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimise productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets;
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts;
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality;
- Working out the human and material resources needed;
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
- Being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment and coming up with maintenance schedules;
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes;
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- Working with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals;
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers;
- Reviewing worker performance;
- Identifying training needs;
- Training of staff on best practices in production and manufacturing.
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Mechatronics/ Production Engineering plus;
- 4+ years of experience in a manufacturing plant/factory with bias to production;
- 2+ years as a Factory Manager;
- Previous interaction with Kaizen Principles and ISO Practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multitask and work with teams;
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills;
- Excellent people management skills.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2878”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2878 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 23 June 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, Best Practices, capacity, client, communication, Data, delivery, diploma, DUMA, DUMA Works, engineering, factory, human, job, maintenance, Management, manager, manufacturing, mechanical, mechanical engineering, milling, monitoring, of, operations, people, people management, product, production, production management, Quality, Recruiting, site, systems, team, training, waste, work, works