Job Vacancy – Factory Team Leader in Limuru
Duma Works is recruiting a Factory team leader for one of our clients; a leading supplier of fresh additive-free cheese in Kenya.
- The primary purpose of the position is to lead the cheese team in maintaining excellent quality standards and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- The cheese maker is expected to behave in a manner that will not compromise food safety.
- The team leader is supposed to teach their team how to maintain controls over the cheese making process.
- Ensure the cleaning and sanitization of all machinery and equipment is per the standards set in the factory.
- Ensure the team members have designated tasks to follow throughout the day.
- Supervise the packing and labeling of the cheese to ensure the dates are correct and the vacuum’s are well-sealed
- Assist in managing early morning and Sunday cleaning based on the team leader rotating schedule.
- Getting of all ingredients and raw materials required for the specific cheese processing.
- Conduct analysis testing; e.g. pH, TA, flocculation time.
- Care for the cheese during maturation or until it has been released to dispatch team.
- Make sure all cheese is released correctly to dispatch assisting the factory manager with stock take.
- Assist factory manager with any wastage recording.
- Train any new team leaders in the same standards as you make cheese to.
- Report any quality and food safety issues to the team leader.
- Ensure proper storage and use of ingredients and raw materials, i.e. packaging materials, labels, etc.
- Preparation of starter culture as scheduled where necessary.
- Ensure brine tanks are correctly maintained.
- Ensure manufacturing sheets are timely, accurately and neatly filled and signed off before leaving daily.
- Ensure that a control sample of each batch produced is submitted to the QA assistant.
- Assist in any trials for new cheeses in your cheese type where and when necessary.
- Daily manufacturing sheets
- Starter production sheet
- Early morning cleaning checklists
- Waste disposal form.
Team Leader Cheese Making
Factory floor supervisor, factory manager & QA manager
To make the highest standard of excellence of a specific cheese type both in hygiene and cheese quality.
All job descriptions are subject to a periodic review. Other duties will be assigned occasionally by management. Changes will be discussed prior to or at the time of amendment.
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “ 2156”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2156, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th April 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Employment, factory worker, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, Jobs in Limuru, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, nairobi, opening, Opportunity, quality assuarance, team leader, Tigoni, vacancy