Job Vacancy – Farm Manager
The Farm Manager will be responsible for rearing farm animals, tending crops, animal feeds production management, maximizing total yield, managing farm equipment supply, overall budget activities, on-field staff, and administrating the farm activities. They have to provide both technical and practical assistance regarding farm management and make appropriate business for obtaining higher profitability.
The main component of the farm is a combination of Fruits & vegetable farming, Poultry, rabbit rearing, feeds production and Abattoir.
- Advising the type of crops to be planted, their quality, quantity, and mode of harvest, preparing detailed plans regarding its planting and harvesting schedules, and collaborating with farm operators for carrying out these activities.
- Planning and preparing the finance reports, setting up a budget limit for various farm activities, and maintaining the farm activities in agreement with the budgeted parameters
- Performing laborious farm activities like driving tractors on the field, operating field-based machinery and equipment, spraying fertilizers on the field, managing animals, etc.
- Hiring the full time / temporary field workers for tilling the ground, managing harvest, feeding, and other minor duties as required, and managing the work schedule, wages, etc., of these workers accordingly
- Buying the farm supplies like seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and food for livestock and arranging the repair and maintenance of field equipment, machinery, farm buildings, etc.
- Managing the sales and marketing of farm products and planning the production yield on the scheduled time for sending it to market within the specified deadline
- Monitoring the production and yield quality of crops, poultry and rabbit, maintaining animal health and welfare as per the guidelines from regulatory authorities, and keeping up-to-date knowledge on plants and animal pests and diseases, and taking appropriate measures for curing the same
- Monitoring the health and safety measures undertaken by the farm estate, keeping track of the health and safety of workers and other staff, maintaining environmental biodiversity, and undertaking environmental protection activities if required
- Monitoring the entire production activities, making sure that the actual production is in accordance with production goals set and identifying and correcting the field production issue if the actual production is not in accordance with production goals
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations
- Monitor animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets
- Maintain knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm estate
- Protect the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- Should be a diploma or degree holder in Agriculture, Agronomy or related fields.
- Should have at least three (5) years’ experience as a farm manager
- Experience in poultry and rabbit rearing preferred
- Experience in Abattoir management highly preferred
- Should be ready to work and reside on the farm.
- Should have excellent managerial skills.
- Should be well versed and conversant with horticulture
- Knowledge in irrigation and with experience in a large scale farm.
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: This position will remain open until filled
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: abattoir, agriculture, agronomist. agribusiness, agronomy, animal health, farm maintenance, farm management jobs, farm manager, farming, farming jobs, Finance, food production, fruit farming, horticulture, Jobs in Tanzania, maintenance, Management, manager, market, Marketing, poultry farming, production management, production planning, project management, Quality, quantity, rabbit rearing, Recruiting, report writing, sales, supplies management, supply, supply management, technical, vegetable farming