Job Vacancy – Field Officer
- The employee will be in charge and have key responsibility for registering and contracting new organic farmers and conducting internal inspections in the project sites.
- Procurement: The employee is to actively source for hass avocadoes both conventional and organic as per the company annual forecast.
- Play a leading role in the maintenance of the company’s organic, Global Gap standards and SMETA scope within the contracted small holder farmers.
- Organize and planning for harvesting schedules and picking there of fruits, purchasing of fruits and ensuring delivery there of the fruits to the company’s packhouse in Ruiru town. The fruits should meet export quality of CAT 1 and sizes requirement as communicated on day-to-day basis.
- Recruit, train and supervise a pool of skilled harvesters on casual basis, the operatives will be responsible in harvesting of fruits according to the set operation procedures (OP) in line with organic and Global Gap standards.
- Always ensure fidelity in the buying process and provide Purchase documents the PCN on timely basis.
- Prepare reports and up to date accurate records that pertain to the field work.
- Plan for farmers training on organic farming principles, better orchard management and certifications for both Global Gap and organic standards.
- Communicate effectively about the company’s farmer development model, plans etc. to farmers, project stakeholders and the wider public in order to advance its vision and mission.
- You are obliged to conduct yourself in the best manner and any Company’s trade secrets and proprietary information should be kept confidentially.
- Effectively represent the company in meetings and forums that further the interest of avocado and other selected commodity value chains and the company.
- Proper control and maintenance of company’s field inventories, equipment and assets e.g., bikes etc.
- Ensure proper custody and maintenance of company’s property availed to you, especially motorbikes.
- Certificate and diploma in organic or general agriculture.
- Experience: 1 to 3 years maximum.
- A good knowledge for fruit farming and working with small holder farmers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A valid motorcycle license is a pre-requisite and essential.
- Ability to speak in local dialect in the respective regions.
- Creativity and work results orientation.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 5 February 2021
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: agriculture, communication, development, diploma, export, farmer training, farming, field, field inventory management, field officer, field work, fruit farming, general, horticulture, information, kiambu, Kisii, Management, Nakuru, nyeri, organic farming, planning, product, product development, project, project management, property, Quality, reports, ruiru, small holder farmer training, training