Job Vacancy – Finance and Administration Coordinator
Duma Works is recruiting a Finance and administration Coordinator for one of our clients.
Location: Muyenga, Kampala
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
About the Hiring Company
The company is a for-profit, social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water solutions at scale. We sell high-performing water purification systems to social institutions (like schools, hospitals and health clinics) and workplaces, with multiyear, low-cost credit terms so that providing safe, great tasting drinking water to students, patients and employees is easier than ever. We’re the first drinking water solutions company to allow schools to time their instalment payments with the receipt of schools fees. We’re also the first to provide a 2-year preventive maintenance program included in every installation. This firm is growing quickly and is already in over 1,100 Uganda schools, and is aiming to reach 5,000 Ugandan schools by 2018 and is now in the process of regional expansion.
The Finance and Administration (F&A) Coordinator will contribute to the day to day financial and administrative activities of the organisation, and play a key role in adhering and implementing company finance and administration policies. The F&A Coordinator will be assigned ongoing responsibilities in finance, including bookkeeping, Quick-books transaction entries, report preparation, bank reconciliation, and others, as well as in administration, including: inventory management and reconciliation, vehicle and logistics, procurement, asset management, and others.
• Provide responsible professional and technical assistance to management in Asset and Inventory, Procurement and Logistics functions of the Company.
• Monitor and report daily stock movements and levels and taking appropriate actions to ensure no stock outs
• Pro-actively make recommendations for better work methods for improved efficiency and company profitability.
• Responsible for purchasing- value for money- high quality goods and services used in the assembling of our product systems and operational functions within the Company Office
• Responsible for developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with Company Suppliers, fully understanding their strengths and material offerings; leading contract development and price negotiations
• Draft Annual and quarterly procurement plans, process procurement requests in compliance with company policies and procedures, analyzing price variations and making informed recommendations and negotiations for the best purchase price.
• Responsible for all Company vehicles and other forms of transportation management in compliance with the relevant company policies and procedures
• Scheduling of Vehicle Preventive Maintenance, insurance and statutory requirements that may be required to comply with from time to time
• Coordinating with other managers to ensure business operational expectations are met by ensuring vehicles are well maintained and are available when needed, costs are controlled, drivers appearance is up to our standards
• Represent the company with the highest degree of professionalism
Qualifications and Experience
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics or related education. Certification in CPM a plus but not required
• 2+ preferred experience or exposure to procurement of commodity goods
• Self-starter with strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail
• Must have the force of character sufficient to properly represent the comapny’s interests with
suppliers and be a person of high integrity as well as team player
• Proficient with Microsoft Office systems and capable of quickly becoming proficient with ERP systems
• Proficiency in Quick Books is highly desirable and will be considered as a strong plus.
• Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
• Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual development
A Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2434”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2434 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. All applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th October 2016
When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Admin, Administration, Administrator, career, commerce, Finance, Jobs, kampala, Kenya, nairobi, uganda