Job Vacancy – Finance and Budget Analyst
Budget Preparation and Monitoring
- Support detailed country activity-based budget development closely linked to work plans.
- Build capacity of country teams to understand and manage the budget.
- Prepare a monthly report to track expenditure against budget for each project country. Lead country calls to review budget variances and plan for the future.
- Participate in quarterly burn rate calls with VP East Africa.
- Lead mid-year reviews of the project budget.
- Support annual budgeting, forecasting and year planning, and ensure that they are consistent with TechnoServe’s guidelines and procedures
Financial Management and Analysis
- Provide financial and accounting oversight to the project regional and country operations.
- Establish and ensure compliance with budget codes. Ensure that all financial data recorded in the financial management system across the project countries has the mandatory dimensions.
- Review monthly accounting transactions using online NAV accounting tools and follow up with Country Project accountants to fix errors noted before they are posted.
- Ensure all accounting data in the system are updated, reconciled and fully supported in accordance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Liaise with country Finance Controllers to ensure timely completion of month-end procedures and that the results are posted on time.
- Liaise with the Regional Finance Analyst to ensure timely and accurate preparation of quarterly financial reporting to the donor (SF425) and accruals.
- Monitor project partner expenditures against budget. Review disbursement to partner including review of partners’ financial reports and documentation before posting in NAV system.
- Maintain accounting records.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality in relation to sensitive and confidential commercial and business financial decisions and issues.
- Provide pro-active advice to ensure optimal financial systems, reporting and maintenance of TechnoServe’s accounting policies, financial procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure that all processes and procurements adhere to corporate policy, legal and contractual obligations, and corporate and donor standards.
Staff Capacity Building
- Regularly travel to project countries to provide support to the teams in budget management and adherence to financial procedures.
- Provide orientation to new staff on financial systems as required.
- Provide training and capacity building in team meetings.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, public administration, or a related field.
- At least 5-7 years accounting and finance experience with projects funded by donors, including USAID. At least 2 of these years must be in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of GAAP and FAR/USAIDAR strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills, including computerized accounting systems. Experience with NAV an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and diplomatically in a multi-cultural environment.
- Previous work experience in at least one of the project countries required; experience in additional countries an advantage.
- Willingness to travel extensively among project countries.
- Excellent English skills.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3336”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3336 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 30 April 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, Administration, advice, advisor, africa, analyst, and, auditing, building, business, capacity, capacity building, commercial, communication, compliance, corporate, country, Country Finance, Data, development, director, donor, East Africa, enterprise, ethiopia, field, Finance, financial, financial analyst, financial management, food, food processing, GAAP, growth, industry, information, Kenya, Leadership, legal, maintenance, manage, Management, Markets, nairobi, of, one, online, operations, partner, people, planning, policies, power, processing, production, program, project, reporting, services, software, solutions, support, systems, tanzania, team, technoserve, the, training, travel, USAID, work, works