Job Vacancy – Finance and Projects Assistant
About the Charity
Key tasks will include:
- Processing invoices and staff expense claims, ensuring they are correctly coded, and that VAT is treated appropriately;
- Processing of income received through the bank, ensuring it is correctly reflected in the accounting system;
- Preparing the monthly payment file and loading this onto internet banking, ready for approval;
- Ensuring proper documentation is obtained and filed appropriately to support the audit trails for all transactions;
- Ensuring payments and expense claims are appropriately authorised in line with the Kenya office policies;
- Preparing control account reconciliations and bank account reconciliations;
- Support administrative duties e.g., Fleet management, update and maintain Kenya asset register, LPO issuance, petty cash management for Nairobi, Amboseli and Meru offices;
- Continuously monitor budget commitment for all programmes/ projects and advise the FM on any significant occurrences/variations
- Support Ulinzi Africa Foundation financial management;
- Liaise with the UK office to ensure consistent application of financial processes across Born Free Foundation;
- And other duties assigned
The successful candidate should ideally demonstrate the following attributes:
- The ability to plan, prioritise competing demands and deliver to tight time frames in a small, fast-paced and dynamic team;
- An excellent understanding of basic accounting and book-keeping (debits, credits, principles of reconciliations);
- A basic understanding of VAT principles;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to explain financial process and their rationale to people from a non-financial background;
- A good level of Excel skills, including an appreciation of how IT can be used to reduce manual intervention and improve processing speeds;
- Must be accurate, attentive to detail and accustomed to high volume productivity and apply organisation’s policies and procedures at work.
- Experience of using accounting packages, ideally Sage 50;
- Ability to learn and quick to understand systems and data flows;
- An empathy with the work of the Foundation, and the desire to drive it forward, bringing energy and determination to its mission;
- Decisive and straightforward; low ego and a team player; high levels of drive and energy; a sense of humour; honesty, integrity and reliability;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, and CPA graduate.
Duma Works is assisting Born Free Foundation in its recruitment efforts.
Click here to submit your application through the Duma Works portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to Duma. Applications are by a CV with a covering letter that should demonstrate your skills, experiences and attributes that make you suitable for the role.
This position will remain open until filled.
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, Accounting Jobs, accounts, Administration, administrative, Apply, audit, banking, Born Free, Born Free Founantion, charity jobs, CPA, Customer service, Data, energy, environment, excel, Finance, financial, financial accounting, financial analysis, financial management, financial manager, graduate, impact, IT, Jobs 2022, jobs in nairobi, karen, Kenya, Meru, nairobi, NGO, NGO jobs, policies, Project Financial Oversight, project management, Recruit, Recruiting, reliability, reports, sage, support, systems, Team player