Job Vacancy – Finance Assistant
Duma Works is recruiting a Finance Assistant for one of our esteemed clients.
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About the company.
Our client provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to the world’s future. They are fluent in the language of change, whether driven by markets, technology, or policy. With a combined passion for work with deep industry expertise to tackle their clients’ most important challenges, this company serves both the government and other commercial firms. They partner with clients around the globe—advising, executing, and innovating—to help other firms define and achieve success.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Finance department with various finance functions and to ensure the smooth running of the finance office. This includes handling of expense reports, processing of Invoices and participants per diems, processing Mpesa payments, filing of documents and assists with other finance tasks as assigned
- Examines financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, expense reports and other documents such as: purchase orders to ensure the completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity of financial data.
- Prepare payment and Mpesa vouchers for travel advances, vendors and consultant’s invoices.
- Assists with disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) accordance with the company’s Macro’s financial policies and procedures as outlined. Finance and Accounting policies manual for country office, Procurement Policy and any other policies.
- Follow up with the Administrative Assistant to ensure that all cheques are issued to the vendors, consultants within 1 week upon signing.
- Ensures that accounting documents are filed on a timely basis, proper accounting records are maintained and compatible with standard accounting practice and donor guidelines.
- Assists in monitoring and reconciling supplier statements on regular basis and ensures timely settlement of bills.
- Maintain petty cash, ensure disbursement through petty cash is properly approved and petty cash funds are safely stored.
- Regularly post accounting transactions into the accounting software (QuickBooks) ensuring that expenses are charged to the correct budget lines.
- Assists in monitoring and reconciling travel expenses and project expenses to individual advances on a regular basis.
- Follow up with staff to ensure that unspent advances are deposited to company’s Macro Bank account and deposit slip filled in the correct expense report.
- Update various monitoring tools like the purchase order log, consultancy tracker etc. as needed. · Assist in preparation of ad hoc financial reports as needed.
- Provide guidance/feedback to Finance Manager to ensure the sound functioning of the firm’s Macro finance office.
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA Part 1 (Section II) or CPA Section IV.
- A minimum of 3 years of similar work experience.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations would be an added advantage.
- An understanding of maintenance of ledger entries, books keeping skills and bank reconciliation.
- Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages-Preferably QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
- Knowledge of internal controls.
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2294”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2294, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 14th July 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
Posted in Jobs Uncategorized Tags: Accounting, career, Finance, nairobi, vacancy