Job Vacancy – Finance Manager
Our client is a non-governmental organization based in Marsabit County looking to recruit a finance manager. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
The position is based in Marsabit and the holder will chiefly be responsible for financial and management accounting, including regulatory reporting, financial planning, evaluation and development of policies, procedures, practices and systems at the organization. The role also includes additional administrative functions.
- Management of all bank and cash transactions
- Update and maintenance of financial systems according to reporting requirements
- Preparation of periodic financial reports according to requirements
- Supervision of administrative functions within the organization
- Preparation of payments which are fully supported for authorization
- Maintenance of a proper filing system for all relevant administrative and financial documents
- Ensuring adherence to internal and external financial rules
- Management of grants and follow up meetings with project staff
- Coordinate all financial aspects of both internal and external audits
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy role with an NGO in accounting and finance especially in donor grants management
- CPA or equivalent professional certification
- Proficiency in computer software and applications, including at least one accounting software, preferably QuickBooks
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Membership of a professional body of accountants (e.g. ICPAK)
- Experience in auditing and training finance and non-finance staff is an added advantage
- Good leadership, communication and people skills
KINDLY INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT AND EXPECTED REMUNERATION IN YOUR RESUME.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3565”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3565 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 28 February 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, administrative, and, Apply, auditing, bank, client, communication, development, donor, evaluation, Finance, finance manager, financial, Financial Reports, grants, Leadership, maintenance, Management, manager, NGO, of, one, Opportunity, people, planning, policies, professional, project, Recruit, reporting, reports, software, systems, the, training