Job Vacancy – Finance Manager
Duma works is recruiting a Finance Manager for our client, TenSenses.
We are looking for a Finance Manager who can manage, control and ensure that company accounting activities and procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and comply with the approved policies and procedures of the company while leading and coordinating all tasks and functions relate to financial reporting, Budgeting, cash flow management, debt financing in a timely manner all financial obligation and requirement with third parties.
- Manage, control and ensure that company accounting activities and procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles
- Ensure that all financial transactions are handled and processed in-line with the approved policies and procedures.
- Oversee the daily operations of the finance department
- Prepare the monthly financial reports with all needed financial and costing analysis comparing with Budget and KPIs.
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements Establish and improve control systems to reduce leakage
- Improve cost control, efficiency and profitability
- Continuously analyze financial performance to provide input into business actions, which will improve profitability and growth
- Use financial projections to improve strategic decision-making and planning (e.g. analyze profitability of new products versus expansion of existing products, etc.)
- Improve cash flow and profitability by sourcing and managing the most efficient available sources of external capital
- Use financial models to support the growth plans of the company
- Present financial models to investors to ensure investment is secured
- Contribute to the evolution of Ten Senses Growth strategy
- Support other senior team members in implementing Ten Senses Growth Plans
- Ensure the Ten Senses board (including external board members) are provided updates on financial performance at the required level and have all the information required to support their decision-making, reviews and strategic planning.
- Ensure that the company are continuously keeping sufficient fund to fulfill its financial obligation by preparing monthly cash flow forecast. Monitor the actual cash flow against forecast and take the necessary measure to remedy variances.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies and monitor terms, conditions and covenants and ensure compliance with the same.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with local and international budgetary reporting requirements.
- Lead and coordinate with all other department the preparation of annual operating budget and developing 3-10 years business plans for the company.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Serve as primary legislative liaison for company financial issues.
- Ensure that financial controls are in place at functions and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Provide analysis and commentary to financial reports and projections, which identify areas of improvement within the business.
- Manage payroll and other statutory HR responsibilities for permanent and casual staff. Other duties as assigned
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections Good knowledge in the cost accounting and financial analysis
- General knowledge of the manufacturing cost accounting, i.e. product cost, inventory, standard cost, variance analysis between actual and standard cost
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Must enjoy IT and be innovative with solutions
- Experience with Exports and EPZ functions
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Work also requires willingness to work on multitask, long hours and under pressure so as to meet deadlines
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA – K
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior level Finance or Accounting position
- Experience with privately owned industrial or energy companies is an added advantage
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Willing to go through 6 months’ probation
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Experience with fundraising and sourcing for credit lines/ working capital
- Knowledge of Government financial regulations
- Ability to rapidly develop a deep understanding of the company’s key purchasing, manufacturing, shipment, logistics and sales processes and relate these to financial performance.
- Highly numerate with the ability to illustrate the effect of business decisions and business performance using simple to understand models.
- A team player with the ability to inspire, motivate and manage others.
- Desire to progress rapidly to a director level of responsibility.
- Self-motivated and comfortable being the most senior finance professional within a dynamic fast growing company.
- Drive to continuously improve the performance of the finance team and performance of the business. Willing to take ownership of proposing and implementing improvements within the business.
- Confident to make a case for well thought out proposals to the MD
Send your Cover Letter and a detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2753”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2753 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 12th May 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, analysis, and, business, client, communication, company, compliance, control, cost, cost control, Data, director, DUMA, DUMA Works, energy, Finance, finance manager, financial, Fundraising, government, Group, growth, HR, industrial, information, international, inventory, IT, job, key, Knowledge, level, Liaison, logistics, manage, Management, manager, manufacturing, of, operations, planning, product, professional, proposals, Quality, Recruiting, reporting, sales, senior, service, solutions, strategy, support, systems, team, work, works