Job Vacancy – Finance Manager
Job Responsibilities Overview
Accounting / Bookkeeping
- Manage the bookkeeper and overseeing the bookkeeping function;
- Ensure the appropriate policies are in place for financial accountability;
- Ensure that all Tanzanian taxes are paid, with holdings are made, and reporting is submitted on time;
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit;
Cash Flow Management
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner;
- Process payroll in a timely manner;
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements;
- Maintain banking relationships;
- Manage the preparation of the company’s monthly budget;
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances;
- Provide guidance to the management team regarding operations from a financial perspective;
Corporate Finance & Business Development
- Provide support to the COO/President in the collection of financial data for global reporting and consolidation;
- Improve financial policies to manage cash, operational, and other risks;
- Conduct internal audits to measure compliance and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide mentorship to junior staff and ensure development of talent.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years experience in accounting and corporate finance;
- Minimum 2 years in management of financial operations;
- Fluent with Microsoft Excel;
- Comfortable with accounting software, preferably Xero;
- Proficient with Tanzanian accounting standards and regulatory requirements;
- Proficient with IASB and GAAP accounting standards;
- Tanzanian citizen;
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- The position reports to the COO/CFO
- Manages others within Finance Department
- The Finance Manager works closely with all departments, including Sales, Logistics, Service, Technology, and others.
- Externally, the position works with auditors, the TRA, banks, and others.
Measurement of Performance / What Success Looks Like
- Timely, accurate closing of the accounting books;
- Budget process completed on time: both setting and reconciliation;
- Accurate cash flow tracking and projections that allow management to plan;
- Operational and Sales department heads report receiving useful information and counsel from the Director for the management of their respective areas;
- Compliance with all TRA reporting requirements and regulations: no surprises;
- Timely internal audits demonstrating both compliance and areas for improvement;
- Proactive counsel to management on changes in regulations or treatments.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3387”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3387 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 22 June 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, accounts, audit, banking, business, corporate, Finance, finance manager, financial, financial manager, GAAP, jobs in mwanza, Jobs in Tanzania, operations, tanzania