Job Vacancy – Finance Manager (Educational Institution)
Duma Works is recruiting a Finance Manager for one of our clients in Nairobi; a recognized international school in Karen.
The finance manager is responsible for:
- Organizing and managing school finance, including that of its estate management and services, in accordance with the School’s Financial Value Standard and administering payroll and pension related functions;
- Assisting the governors, Executive Head teacher and senior leadership team (SLT) in formulating aims and objectives of the school and in establishing the policies, systems and procedures through which they shall be achieved, including development of resource plans as required;
- Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance;
- S/he shall oversee the effective deployment of all staff within the finance department and assist with their appraisal, training and induction.
- Supporting and encouraging the school’s ethics and its objectives, policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
Finance and accounting
- S/he shall, in consultation with the CEO prepare the school’s annual budget and review and update as necessary;
- S/he shall monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget and produce monthly reports for the CEO;
- S/he shall provide budget holders (HOD’s) with monthly updates of their accounts and advise them on matters relating to their budget/s;
- S/he shall keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with the financial regulations, and shall prepare accounts for auditing;
- S/he shall assist in the preparation for the annual audit, liaising with all parties involved.
- S/he shall maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to the CEO;
- S/he shall ensure the school’s financial procedures manual is reviewed and updated as necessary and that the Schools’ Financial Value Standard is maintained as per DFE requirements;
- S/he shall pursue income and sponsorship generation opportunities including the preparation and submission of applications and bids;
- S/he shall assist in the preparation of accurate VAT accounting and payment so that VAT reclaim returns are submitted as required;
- S/he shall be responsible for cash flow projections and all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips;
- S/he shall be responsible for the reconciliation and payment of the school’s payroll.
- S/he shall monitor the payment of salaries by the school’s payroll provider, liaising with the provider as required.
- S/he shall be responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the assistance of the administrator;
- S/he shall, in conjunction with the nominated staff members ensure payment of all invoices and statements of account;
- S/he shall be responsible for the issue of school invoices following up their prompt payment;
- S/he shall carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information;
- S/he shall be conversant with the general principle of taxation applicable to the school and the financial implications of charitable status;
- S/he shall maintain all school insurances in all forms including assessments, claims and administration;
- S/he shall co-ordinate and maintain a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value;
- S/he shall manage, negotiate and monitor all contracts, leases and relationships with external contractors;
- S/he shall ensure that all necessary returns, reports and documentation are completed accurately;
- S/he shall, in conjunction with the CEO, review annually the school’s charging policy and make recommendations as appropriate.
- 5+ years in Finance with at least 2 in Management;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Experience working in an international school will be an added advantage.
- Ability to lead and multitask;
- Drive, enthusiasm and self-confidence;
- Strong influence and negotiation skills;
- Showcase resilience and ability to work in a constantly changing environment;
- Proactivity and decisiveness;
- Articulate, diplomatic and confident communicator, orally, in writing and in work;
- Strong intellectual capacity and sound judgement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotionally intelligent.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2988”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2988 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 28 August 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: account, Accounting, accounts, Administration, Administrator, and, audit, auditing, bank, banking, capacity, compliance, consultation, development, executive, Finance, finance manager, financial, Fundraising, general, head, information, international, job, Leadership, manage, Management, manager, of, opportunities, pension, placement, reporting, resource, security, senior, services, systems, teacher, team, the, training, work, writing