Job Vacancy – Finance Manager in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting a Finance Manager for one of our clients; the first Kenyan company to create a brand of mobile phones that also incorporates locally built Mobile Apps and Accessories for global sales. The company provides a “one stop solution” for some of the leading mobile carriers and phone dealers in Africa with focus on distribution, forward and reverse logistics, inventory management, reclamation, fulfillment and other auxiliary services for cellular manufacturers and suppliers to the growing telephone and communication market.
The roles of this financial manager will be more concerned with strategic analysis, responsible for the revenue assurance by ensuring that targets are surpassed, debt collection, credit control and preparation of accounts.
- providing and interpreting financial information;
- monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends;
- analyzing change and advising accordingly;
- formulating strategic and long-term business plans;
- researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance;
- analyzing competitors and market trends;
- developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk;
- conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- managing a company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
- developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as the Inland Revenue;
- producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
- managing budgets;
- arranging new sources of finance for a company’s debt facilities;
- supervising staff;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- This position requires at least a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics or a related field. Masters in Business Administration will be added advantage.
- Min 5 years experience in a similar role
- Work with minimum supervision
- Strong grasp of accounting theory and practice
- Proactive and demonstrated leadership experience
- Proficient in PowerPoint
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV to [email protected]. As the subject line of your email, write “2045” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2045, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th February 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accountant, Accounting, accounts, commerce, CPA, economics, Finance, job, manager, nairobi, opening, Opportunity, vacancy