Job Vacancy – Finance & Operations Manager
Duma works is recruiting a Finance & Operations Manager for its client. The hiring firm is a reputable law firm in Kenya with a high-caliber clientele base.
- As a member of the Management team they will be responsible for leading the organization in developing financial and accounting strategy, policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements and financial controls, on going financial modelling, supply chain management and annual business plan;
- Responsible for prudent financial and supply chain management ensuring effective and continuous improvement of financial and procurement control systems, procedure and policies of the Organization to achieve Jacaranda’s goals and objectives. Required to ensure maintenance of accurate financial records, timely availability and reliability of financial information and reports, effective cost control and utilization of resources;
- Evaluate audit findings, draw comparisons and analyse data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with organisation’s policies and government regulations;
- Lead the partners, managers and other team members to ensure effective day-to-day operations and the implementation of strategies, policies and procedures;
- Effect a coherent support strategy for colleagues, including the provision of coaching and mentoring, to enable them to deliver the plans approved by the Management committee;
- Drive a culture of performance delivery throughout the firm, with a focus on assuring operational delivery of the firm’s objectives in the time frames agreed and within budget;
- Draft and review the strategy and business plans with the Management committee and senior management team;
- Lead the senior management team across accounting and finance, human resources (HR), information technology (IT), operations, business development and marketing, knowledge management (KM), facilities and compliance;
- Ensure provision of timely and accurate management information to facilitate effective decision making;
- Facilitate business analysis and benchmarking of the firm’s performance against its peers and competitors;
- Represent the firm to third parties/suppliers/external stakeholders, eg professional societies, banks, insurance underwriters;
- Manage human resource matters affecting individual partners, managers, members of the team including but not limited to performance, promotion, appointment, learning and development, conflicts, recruitment and absence from work;
- Ensure all staff are provided with education and updates and are aware of their responsibilities in the identification, control and reporting of risk at a level appropriate to their role;
- Ensure appropriate financial policies are developed and implemented, including capital structure, borrowing, cash flow management and capital expenditure;
- Control and manage expenditure and delivering value for money;
- Oversee provision of management accounts and the preparation of the annual financial statements;
- Manage relationships with the bank and external accountants, finance experts and auditors on significant finance matters;
- Ensure that at all times the firm is in compliance with the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) Rules and relevant laws of Kenya;
- Ensure the firm’s compliance plan is kept up to date and is reviewed at regular intervals;
- Manage insurance, including professional indemnity cover and claims;
- Ensure compliance with the current LSK Code of Conduct, including updates to systems, policies, training and communication;
- Implement an effective business continuity and disaster recovery planning programme;
- Negotiate and manage supplier contracts and rental and lease agreements;
- Oversee the delivery of ICT services with the support of the ICT Consultant and Managing Partner by monitoring performance and effectiveness of ICT systems, data security, data storage and delivering efficiencies through the use of ICT.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Full professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA-K or equivalent;
- Master’s degree in Strategic Management will be an added advantage.
- Ability to build a successful team;
- Client focus and high-quality standards oriented;
- Track record of leading the development and delivery of leading-edge solutions that have a strategic or firm-wide effect;
- Management and delegation skills;
- Ability to lead and multitask;
- Drive, enthusiasm, self-confidence and a good sense of humour;
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills;
- Resilient and able to work in a constantly changing environment;
- Proactive and decisive;
- Articulate, diplomatic and confident communicator, orally, in writing and in work;
- Strong intellectual capacity and sound judgement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotionally intelligent.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2885”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2885 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 30 June 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Accounting, accounts, Administration, analysis, and, audit, availability, bank, business, business development, business plan, capacity, chain, client, communication, compliance, consultant, control, cost, cost control, Data, delivery, development, DUMA, DUMA Works, Education, Finance, financial, Firm, government, Hiring, human, Human Resource, human resources, ICT, information, information technology, insurance, job, Kenya, Knowledge, law, learning, level, maintenance, manage, Management, manager, Marketing, monitoring, of, operations, partner, planning, procurement, professional, Promotion, Recruiting, Recruitment, reliability, reporting, resource, security, senior, services, solutions, strategy, supply, supply chain, support, systems, team, technology, the, training, work, works, writing