Duma Works is recruiting a Financial Controller for our client in Nairobi. The hiring firm specializes in the trade of agricultural commodities in East Africa.
- Oversee and supervise petty cash, banking and payroll.
- Prepare management accounts.
- Prepare annual audited accounts.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budget and escalate for approval.
- Ensure that all monthly and periodical financial returns are filed with the relevant authorities.
- Efficiently manage cash flow.
- Advise on investment decisions based on income & cash flow.
- Liaise with external auditors e.g. KRA for both legal and statutory compliance.
- Supervise the team to ensure that billing and collections are done on time.
- Supervise the property manager to ensure that the properties generate ROI.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Help in projects analysis.
- Strathmore Business School Graduate is mandatory.
- Able to work with banks or investors, understand tools of finances available within the market and Agribusiness context.
- CPA (K)/ACCA Finalist.
- At least 5years relevant experience 3 of which are at a Senior level in accounting & finance.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
Self-motivated and well organised
Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
Demonstrate proactivity and due diligence
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3215”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3215 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 07 February 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.