Job Vacancy – Fleet Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Fleet Manager for one of its clients. The client is a leading steel manufacturer in East Africa.
- Responsible for route planning for all dispatch journeys to ensure timely and economical deliveries to site;
- Responsible for coordinating delivery of products and materials optimising loading efficiency;
- Plan and ensure timely movement of staff between sites and factory;
- Track all Vehicle movements ensuring strict adherence to mapped routes and report all discrepancies;
- Maintain all records for area of responsibility such that information can be retrieved without delay;
- Generate monthly reports on all responsible activities;
- Manage vehicle routine inspections and service by monitoring usage ensuring timely submission to vehicle maintenance division;
- Assist in manpower duty allocation in order to meet project time lines in full and lot-wise;
- Report on daily attendance of employees in areas of responsibility;
- Enhance and manage staff discipline for direct reports;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines on receipt, storage and goods issuance among team members;
- Maintain and ensure a clean, safe working environment within the stocks warehouse;
- Ensure team’s compliance with ISO practices;
- Work as per Kaizen Guidelines;
- Motivate organize and encourage team work among stores workers to ensure work efficiency and in compliance with set standard operating procedures.
- Diploma or Degree in logistics or any related course;
- Working Knowledge of logistics planning & Management;
- At least 5+ years relevant work experience within a busy environment with large fleet;
- Proven Experience working with vehicle tracking systems and controls;
- Experience in Kaizen;
- Previous experience in ISO certified environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate leadership;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and high integrity;
- Proficiency in computers (Microsoft Office);
- Demonstrated good communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2869”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2869 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 16 June 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: africa, and, area, client, communication, company, compliance, delivery, DUMA, DUMA Works, East Africa, factory, information, job, Knowledge, Leadership, logistics, maintenance, manage, Management, manager, monitoring, of, one, planning, project, Recruiting, service, site, systems, team, the, warehouse, work, works