Job Vacancy – Flight Operator in Rwanda
Duma Works is recruiting a Flight Operator for our client, Zipline, in Rwanda.
Zipline is a Silicon Valley-based logistics company that designs, manufactures, and operates small robotic aircraft to deliver essential medical products. With Zipline, hard-to-reach communities can have fast, reliable, and affordable access to lifesaving medical products like blood, vaccines, and medications, regardless of road infrastructure.
This role is responsible for all aspects of ground operations at the Distribution Center, including launching and recovering Zips (our drones), tracking maintenance schedules, inspecting the Zips and Ground Equipment, and performing field maintenance. Operators will receive comprehensive training, including: quality processes, the safe operation of all Ground Equipment, how to recognize common defects during visual inspection, how to use the maintenance system, the specific maintenance programs for Zipline and Ground Equipment, the safe handling of damaged Zips and batteries, and fire prevention and safety.
● As a Flight Operator at Zipline, you’ll maintain and operate a fleet of Zips.
● You’ll learn how to take a Zip through preflight checks and launch it.
● You’ll be expected to provide feedback and ideas to the Engineering team on how to make our program safer and smarter.
● Your primary responsibility is to safely and efficiently maintain and operate our fleet of autonomous aircraft.
● You will help us scale to 100+ deliveries per day while maintaining safety and following flight operations protocols at all times.
● At least three years experience working as an aircraft maintenance technician or maintaining other capital equipment (e.g., power turbines, mining equipment.)
● Experience working in a manufacturing or assembly line role or as a skilled tradesman (e.g., electrician, auto mechanic)
● Must enjoy hands-on work, you will be lifting 25kg objects regularly
● Adept at working with mechanical or electrical systems.
● Poise under high pressure situations
● Interest in leading safety critical processes and operations
● Ability to maintain focus during extended flight operations
● Desire to not only follow existing operations protocols, but improve them
● Experience handling and maintaining electro-mechanical products
● Able to identify and distill pain-points and opportunities for improvement to the engineering team
● Enjoys optimizing and fine-tuning processes while running them daily
● Meticulous and process oriented by nature
● Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kinyarwanda
● French proficiency preferred but not required
Applications open to Rwandan residents. Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2444”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2444 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th November 2016
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: aeronautical engineer, drone, electrical engineer, electronics, Engineer, flight control, flight operator, fly, job, jobs in East Africa, Jobs in Kigali, jobs in Rwanda, Kenya, KIgali, mechanic, mechanical engineering, nairobi, opportunities, Opportunity, pilot, Rwanda, vacancy, zipline