Job Vacancy- Programme Coordinator in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting an FMCG Programme coordinator for McKinsey Social initiative.
Generation is the first program of McKinsey Social Initiative that aims at closing the skills gap and improving the employment prospects for most populous generation in history.
The program helps provide young adults the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories.
We are seeking a talented program coordinator interested in contracting for a full-time role to lead the FMCG Programme as it launches and scales.
He/she will be the primary point of contact for the Generation Kenya team and coordinate several processes;
- Mobilisation of candidates.
- Training of staff, preparation of new training centres.
- Managing relationships with employer partners.
- Post-graduation support of candidates.
- Overall coordination of the programme.
- Being primary point of contact between Generation Kenya and funding and delivery partner(s).
- Building and maintaining relationships with employer partners.
- Ensuring that all regulatory requirements and funder demands are met.
- Monitoring performance of delivery partner.
- Preparing training centres by ensuring the readiness of all classroom materials (e.g. computers, chairs, boards), utilities (e.g. electricity, internet, toilets), signage etc. before the start of each program.
- Overseeing the planning and execution of mobilisation from advertisements (print and social media), to information sessions and literacy/numeracy exams, running group interviews, and registering students.
- Training/management of centre staff – ensuring staff (coaches, teaching assistants) are prepared before program begins, assisting them in solving problems, organising weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinating logistics of day-to-day running of programs: coordinate, prepare, and distribute program schedule and materials to instructors, mentors and students.
- Scheduling and managing employer presentations for candidates, organizing employer interview days, and coordinating with employers once job placements have been made.
- Maintaining database with student information and program records.
- Ensuring candidate performance follow-up and maintaining contact with all alumni.
- Solving for consistent programme and process improvement.
- Additional responsibilities as programme scales as defined by Programme Manager.
- Collecting, synthesizing and responding to feedback on the programme and the curriculum.
- Problem-solving on updates to curriculum and operational improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of direct supervisory management experience.
- Experience preparing youth for employment.
- Able to lead interactions and meetings with employer partners.
- “Do-er” mindset, with a passion for constant motion, moving from centre to centre.
- Well-developed sense of attention to detail.
- Interest in working in a fast growing organization and being an integral part of aggressive scale.
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player.
Generation Kenya Programme Manager.
Full time, expected minimum duration is 12 months.
Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “ 2202”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2202, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 11th May 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
Posted in Jobs Tags: DUMA Works, Find a Job, job, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, Kenya Startup, Opportunity, program manager jobs, programme coordinator, project management, project manager, Vacancies, vacancy