Job Vacancy – Food Safety Officer
- Develop food safety and production standards for cashew nut products destined for the export market.
- Equip field officers with food safety knowledge through training and monitoring.
- Train the company’s members to meet food safety and quality standards and monitor their compliance.
- Assess the quality of cashew nut products and report on areas for improvement.
- Ensure strict hygiene food safety standards are followed during food preparation and packaging.
- Complete cashew nut supplier audits and identify corrective measures required.
- Communicate to the management on factors that may affect the food safety management system.
- Ensure registers and records and documentation relating to the role are properly maintained.
- Liaise with local inspectors and enforcement officials to comply with countries’ food safety standards.
- Work closely with other safety roles within the company and develop a supportive relationship.
- Any other reasonable responsibility given by supervising team members.
Ideal candidates are:
- Highly creative with a hunger for innovation and are natural-born problem solvers.
- Motivated by a passion to make the world a better place and love to take on challenges.
- Servant leaders who help to build the team and take on whatever role is necessary.
- Eager to learn and thrive in the fast-paced “fail fast, fail often” startup culture we embody.
- Collaborative in a highly diverse and global team and can work independently when remote.
- Critical and strategic thinkers with strong decision-making skills.
- Empathetic and patient, knowing no task is below them.
- Strong team players, knowing teamwork is necessary and that each role supports the other.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable experience working in quality assurance and production in a FMCG company mostly in horticulture industry
- University degree or equivalent work experience in food safety or food science and technology
- Knowledge in FSSC 22000:2018 or ISO 22000:2018 is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy, strong work ethic and unimpeachable integrity.
- Readiness and ability to regularly perform under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Readiness to work anywhere in Zanzibar
- Working knowledge of computer applications, especially: gmail and google drive.
To apply online click here
This position will remain open until filled
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: and, assurance, below, communication, company, compliance, export, field, fmcg, food, food safety, food science, horticulture, innovation, Knowledge, Management, market, monitoring, of, officer, production, Quality, quality assurance, Relationship, science, Startup, team, training, work