Job Vacancy – General Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a General Manager for our client in Nairobi. The hiring institution is a reputable International school with the state of the art facilities for learners and best practices in the education sector.
The General manager will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating operations of the school.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Human Resources Management
- Organise recruitment and placement of required staff.
- Establish and improve organizational structures.
- Delegate tasks and accountabilities.
- Establish work schedules.
- Supervise staff.
- Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the school e.g. the facility, student affairs, teaching and non-teaching staff.
Procurement and Logistics Management
- Set up and improve procurement processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
- Devise and use cost-effective and efficient sourcing strategies.
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of student admissions process.
- In liaison with top management, develop strategic plans for operational activity and student capacity growth.
- Implement and manage operational plans.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce operational policies and procedures that comply with the school’s mission and objectives.
Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Charting annual focus areas in collaboration with the CEO and Board and translating these goals into annual financial forecast plans to ensure continuity of business growth.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance against market conditions and set targets.
- Oversee company operations to ensure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective
management of resources.
- Overseeing the completion of projects excellently, whilst leveraging new and existing process to enhance quality and profitable outputs.
- Troubleshooting departmental challenges and providing strategic, creative solutions in
everyday work environment.
- Manage the school estate – equipment, facilities, and licenses.
- Assess and manage risk in all functions of the institution.
- Analyse current sales and marketing strategies to determine their effectiveness and feasibility for duplication and create new marketing strategies.
Education and Experience
- Degree in business administration, commerce, management or a Masters in Operations or Project Management.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2985”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2985 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Tuesday, 09 January 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, analysis, and, business, business administration, capacity, commerce, communication, company, Education, facility, financial, general, general manager, growth, human, Human Resource, human resources, information, information technology, job, key, Knowledge, Liaison, logistics, manage, Management, manager, market, Marketing, o, of, operations, operations management, placement, planning, policies, procurement, project, project management, Quality, Recruitment, resource, sales, service, solutions, support, teaching, team, technology, the, work