Job Vacancy – General Manager
Duma Works is looking to recruit a General Manager for one of our clients;JUMEME RURAL POWER SUPPLY LTD based in Mwanza Tanzania.
Job Vacancy; General Manager
Location; Mwanza, Tanzania
Position Type;Full Time
Organization Type; Company
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Tanzanian jointventure JUMEME RURAL POWER SUPPLY LTD. was established by the partners INENSUS GmbH(Germany), TERRAPROJECTS (Austria) and ST. AUGUSTINE UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA (Tanzania) and RP GLOBALGmbH (Austria) as a micro-utility with the aim to implement and operate Solar-Hybrid Mini-Grids in remote settlements in Tanzania providing reliable, affordable and clean electricity to businesses and small industries,households, and public infrastructures.
The first project of JUMEME is co-funded by the European Union under the European Commission ACP-EU Energy Facility and other international donors. By implementing 25+ mini-grids in the north-western regions of Tanzania and providing electricity to 11,000 households, 2,600 agricultural enterprises, businesses and small industries, and > 80 public infrastructures by 2019, JUMEME aims at becoming one of the largest solar mini-grid operators in Africa.
JUMEME is seeking highly motivated personnel that will help scaling up the business and achieving the company’s goal of providing energy services to 1 million people by 2022.
Additionally, JUMEME is developing grid connected solar energy projects and captive power projects (hybridisation of existing diesel driven electricity supply systems) in Tanzania and aims to have an installed power capacity of > 100 MW until 2022.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the General Manager (GM) will be in charge of developing the
company JUMEME towards a profitable and scalable electricity supply business. The team to be managed by the
GM will comprise 20 employees in the beginning and is set to grow to approx. 50 in the near future.
Further responsibilities of the GM are:
- Direct and coordinate all activities of the company’s departments
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board
of directors and staff members as necessary
- Manage, orient, train, counsel and discipline staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure
productivity and goal achievement
- Monitor the revenue, expenses and liquidity of the company and develop and execute the budget
together with the Head of Finance
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government bodies, and employees; enforcing
ethical business practices
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional
publications; establish personal networks; benchmark state-of-the-art practices; participate in
- Monitor the sector specific frameworks with regard to effects on the company’s business model and
initiate appropriate adjustment measures if necessary after conferring with board of directors
- Establish and maintain relationships to industries that can set up production facilities supplied from
JUMEME’s mini-grids benefiting the overall profitability of the business and the development of the area
- Identification of new business opportunities and preparation of market information and business plans
- Master’s degree in engineering, economics and/or business administration or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business/ project management
- Excellent multi-tasking, organisational, interpersonal, networking and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of the rural electrification & renewable energy sector and related finances
- Technical background with experience in rural electrification and solar PV technologies
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities in English
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ability and readiness to work under pressure and in flexible working hours
Tanzanian candidates will be given first priority for the role
A Tanzanian employment contract with a competitive compensation package will be offered depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3448”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3448 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 24 August 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, africa, business, business administration, career, company, development, economics, electricity, Employment, energy, energy sector, engineering, Finance, general, general manager, international, job, job vacancy, jobs in africa, jobs in mwanza, Jobs in Tanzania, Leadership, manage, Management, manager, Mwanza, opportunities, policies, power, production, project, project management, renewable, renewable energy, rural, solar, solar energy, supply, tanzania, technical, vacancy, work