Job Vacancy – General Manager
Terms of Reference
- The General Manager is the company’s standard-bearer and must ensure that the company’s vision, standards and basics are communicated, understood, achieved and maintained by the hotel staff.
- Ensures that he/she and all other department heads perform each criteria as contained in the Hotels Standard Operating Procedures.
- Creates an operating environment that assures very high and consistent guest satisfaction
- Monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports and initiates continuous corrective action.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints and initiates corrective action.
- Develops an accurate and aggressive long and short term financial objectives consistent with the company’s mission statement.
- Prepares financial reports for the management that clearly explains operational effectiveness, trends and variances.
- Establishes and maintains a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development. Administers wage and benefits in compliance with company and Government labour regulations.
- Ensures the hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of state and municipal authorities, and understands all the government regulations affecting the hotels operations.
- Deals with the general public, customers, employees, unions and government officials with extreme tact, humility and courtesy.
- Accepts full responsibility for all activities, services and day to day management and running of the hotel
- Establishes and maintains a register for all of the Hotels assets (asset register)
- supervises daily all hotel personnel including department heads.
- Sets up an effective and sustainable training programme for all of the hotel’s employees inclusive of an effective evaluation system.
- Sets up an effective system of recruiting, interviewing, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees and addressing employee conflicts and resolving problems.
- Conducts regular physical inspections of all areas of the property in order to evaluate the conditions relative to health, safety, risk management, asset preservation and ensures all service delivery systems function to highest levels of hotel standards.
- Conducts regular inspections and audits of all stocks and hotelproperty.
- Ensures services exceed guest expectations to create customer loyalty.
- Plans and oversees the development and management of the Annual Operating Budget including capital expenditures, to achieve and exceed budget expectations, ensures successful performances by increasing profitability and providing a return on investment for the company.
- Recommends revenue enhancing capital improvements and programs for expense reduction.
- Enhance the hotel’s presence on the World Wide Web, social media and tour operators to maximize revenues from this global trend and opportunity. (E.commerce)
- Works to inculcate in employees pride and a positive, lively and vibrant work ethics to be highly productive and service oriented, to demonstrate functional expertise, creativity and leadership.
- Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the company’s culture of fairness and equal treatment for all its employees, guests and the general public
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in management in a similar role
- Significant exposure to core areas of operations, sales and marketing, finance, human resources, information technology, in the hospitality sector
- Must have formal training in hotel management
- Operations leadership experience and ability to manage overall operations issues
- Long-term strategic planning, management development, project management, quality improvement skills required
- Strong business acumen and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in English and Kiswahili essential
- Excellent management, leadership and strategic planning skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Energetic, positive, efficient, driven, creative, optimistic and proactive
- Analytical Thinking
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Coaching and Team Building
- Be articulate, well-groomed, confident with excellent presentation skills
- Must be willing to relocate to live and work in Zanzibar
To apply online click here
This position will remain open until filled
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: analysis, and, business, company, compliance, customer, delivery, development, employee, environment, evaluation, financial, Financial Reports, general, general manager, government, hotel, hotels, human, Human Resource, investment, job, Leadership, Management, manager, media, of, operations, Opportunity, planning, product, programs, property, Quality, Recruiting, reports, resource, risk management, service, services, social, Social Media, systems, the, training, web, work, works