Job Vacancy – Gumboot Plant Operator
Education and experience
- Diploma in mechanical engineering and manufacturing
- 2-3 years in running the plant
Duties and responsibilities
- Sets up and operates injection-molding machines to cast products from thermoplastic materials: Installs dies on machine, according to work order specifications, using clamps, bolts, and hand tools.
- Sets machine controls, regulating molding temperature, volume of plastic, molding pressure and time, according to knowledge of plastics and molding procedures.
- Shows initiative to follow company rules and policies, encourages teamwork, continuous improvement in job responsibility and involvement in work environment.
- Dumps premixed plastic powders or pellets into hopper, and starts machine.
- Pulls lever to close dies and inject plastic into dies to cast part.
Key Performance Indicators.
- Attainment of 100% preventive operates injection-molding machines to cast products from thermoplastic materials.
- Realization of 100% regulate sets machine controls
- Realization of 100% adherence to adjust temperature.
- Attainment of 100% good and sound technical knowledge and precision.
- Realization of 10% to full attendance this year.
- Attainment of 100% adherence to good behavior conducts while on duty.
Overall Assessment (Actual vs. Target) will be as follows.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3301”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3301 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Sunday, 15th April 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: gumboot plant operator, jobs in kampala, Jobs in Uganda, machine oper, manufacturing, Mechanical engineer, plant operator, plastic manufucturing, production officer, rubber industry, rubber manufacturing