Job Vacancy – Head Chef
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Meet with staff to discuss menus for special occasions of the school.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within establishments such as clubs, hotels, or restaurant chains.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants in an establishment such as a restaurant chain, hospital, or hotel.
- 3+ years hot kitchen experience is mandatory
- Food Production training
- Diploma Level preferably Utalii or Top Chef
- Work experience in reputable establishments no juakali restaurants
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3412”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3412 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 06 July 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: account, and, availability, chain, chef, cook, cooking, Data, delivery, food, head, Head chef, hire, hotel, hotels, kitchen, level, of, one, operations, planning, production, Quality, quantity, Recruiting, restaurant, services, supplies, work, works