Job Vacancy – Head of Customer Engagement
Duma Works is recruiting a Head of Customer Engagement for our client in Nairobi. Our client is a fast growing company serving the Kenya’s furniture industry.
About the Position
The company has quickly grown from its founding in 2014 to serving hundreds of furniture material retailers across Kenya. The Head of Customer Engagement will take the reins of customer management responsibilities ensuring the day to day running of these functions while driving the expansion of the company breaking into strategic areas. The ideal Head of Customer Engagement will be an effective people manager, eager to grow their team and develop
the individuals which comprise it. They will have an outstanding analytical and judgement ability to identify trends
and weigh the evidence in order to decide on the best course of action. They will have a self-starter attitude showing
an ability to design and implement new strategies with minimum direction. They will be excellent objective setters,
planners and controllers ensuring that goals are reached within the deadlines. They will have an ability to set
systems which allow to delegate day to day tasks to junior members on the team.
The Head of Customer Engagement will report to the Director and directly and indirectly lead a team of 8 people, including others with management responsibilities.
Develop and lead a high performing customer engagement team
- Invest in coaching and development of your team, taking advantage of opportunities to grow team
- Maintain a high-performance culture, designing a motivating compensation policy and rewarding
- Hire and coach new talents into the customer engagement team as required by the expansion strategy.
Manage the company’s portfolio and bring forward the company’s expansion strategy
- Oversee and coordinate all the prospecting and customers’ management functions ensuring that they are
performed with the highest efficiency.
- Coordinate activities with the operation and production teams ensuring smooth collaboration with the
customer engagement team and improves processes based on customers’ feedback.
- Work with management to design and implement ideas and strategies to introduce new product lines,
acquire new customers and break into new markets.
- Propose and lead the implementation of marketing ideas to drive increased market penetration of existing
- Directly manage the relationship with key accounts in the portfolio guaranteeing high level of satisfaction
and increased sales volumes.
Implement and manage systems to effectively track activities and sales
- Find opportunities to develop and improve systems, delegate responsibilities to enable the team to handle
more work with increasing complexity.
- Create and enforce a data-driven culture to decide new products orders and efficient allocation of capital.
- Effectively utilize customer relationship management (CRM) and sales tracking platforms to ensure that the
customer engagement team operates efficiently and revenue targets are met.
- Introduce key control points, allowing you to maintain quality and accuracy of the growing activities within
your area of responsibility
- You are a strong leader, and you have at least 3 years’ experience managing individuals across different
functional areas. You have a proven track record of motivating and developing your direct reports.
- You preferably have at least 2 years’ experience in leading a company’s business development strategy and a
track record of achievement in growing a company’s portfolio.
- You have the ability to manage key customers’ relationships in another organization and are effective at
building, maintaining and growing such relationships independently.
- You have an entrepreneurial streak and have drawn energy from working in a young company, start-up
environment or other environment of rapid growth and change. You enjoy working on multiple diverse
projects and tasks simultaneously.
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you are considered very self-managing and do best in an
environment where you are given high-level goals and take initiative to achieve them.
- You are confident in your own ability to perform and inspire others to perform, and you are eager to take on
responsibility for a key team within our company. You find the prospect of being rewarded according to
your ability to grow a team extremely motivating.
- You have experience developing and implementing management systems within an organization, and value
the structure and predictability they bring.
- You possess a strong analytical toolkit, and you frequently apply quantitative analysis to decision-making.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2893”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2893 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 31 August 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accountant, Accounting, accounts, Admin, administrative, analysis, analytical, and, Apply, area, Auditor, building, business, business development, capacity, company, control, customer, Design, designing, development, director, driving, energy, furniture, growth, head, HR, human, junior, Kenya, key, level, logistics, manage, Management, manager, Markets, of, opportunities, people, procurement, product, production, Quality, Relationship, relationship management, sales, stock, strategy, supplies, systems, team, the, work