Job Vacancy – Head of Expansion at Duma Works
Duma Works is a human-centered, technology driven recruitment platform that helps growing companies in Sub-Saharan Africa connect with top talent across a variety of industries and levels. Since 2012, Duma Works has recruited teams for over 450 companies in East Africa, and is quickly becoming known as the go-to platform for quality hiring at a reasonable price.
In order to crush it at this role, you need a strong background in sales team and marketing management, a touch of recruitment, a dash of sales and business development, and be utterly unafraid of adventure.
To flourish on our team, you should be excited to work within a mutually supportive, casual environment that still supports hard work, challenges, and personal and professional growth.
This role is based in Nairobi with travel.
Why are we hiring for this role?
Duma Works is growing quickly and needs to make sure there is someone sitting at the helm to oversee expansion operations and make sure the amazing culture we have in our Nairobi office is spread far and wide as our team expands.
Sales & Marketing Management
* Work with local internal and external teams to coordinate marketing activities
* Ensure we hit monthly & quarterly sales milestones with sales teams
Market Research & Business Development
* Conduct initial scouting for new markets to tackle & research barriers to entry for new markets
* Meet stakeholders, clients, and partners to create opportunities
* Responsible for recruitment, on-boarding, culture conveyance, and training for new recruits in multiple geographies
* Set a relentless yet delicious tone for what it means to be a member of the Duma Works team
* 5+ years experience, with at least 2 years experience managing a team across many countries
* 3+ years experience building & managing a sales team preferred
* Should have experience managing agencies and external contractors remotely
* Experience building operational procedures across geographies and timezones
* Experience recruiting and training for new team members
* Experience in management consulting is a plus
* Experience managing marketing dashboards & analytics is a plus
* French-speaking preferred (in addition to fluent English!!)
Building a company for scale
Being able to work with the CEO directly at a decision-making level presents the opportunity to learn how to make a business work in general and in the African context, and understand all the elements of running a company – from fundraising, to governance, to cash flow analysis, etc.
Perks of a startup
Coming in when a startup is still a team of 20 means that the set of challenges we face today looks very different from what it will look like in 2 years – even in 6 months!
Network of potential mentors
We have built a network of investors, partners, advisors, and mentors world-wide, that you will have access to. This is on your job function specific level, as well as general leadership, how to run a tech company, and other areas of expertise like sales, finance, fundraising, etc.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2766”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2766 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 20 April 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: africa, analysis, and, building, business, business development, company, consulting, development, DUMA, DUMA Works, East Africa, entry, Finance, Fundraising, general, growth, Hiring, job, Leadership, level, Management, market, market research, Marketing, Markets, nairobi, network, of, Office, operations, opportunities, Opportunity, personal, professional, Quality, Recruiting, Recruitment, research, sales, Startup, talent, team, tech, technology, top talent, training, travel, work, works