Job Vacancy – Head of Sales
Duma Works is recruiting a Head of Sales. The hiring company is a life transforming organization in Tanzania which provides affordable and reliable energy to low-income people in rural areas not connected to the power grid.
Are you up for a challenge? We are looking for a Head of Sales Department.Superhero!
We are looking for new talents! We are building the next generation of energy services in rural off-grid regions and are looking for a superhero to join our team and make a real difference in the world. If you think you are a strongly motivated person, want to have real fun and actually do something that matters, if you
don’t mind getting your hands dirty, living through google calendar and google docs, even when grocery shopping, then you should tender your application as soon as you read this to us!Impress us, we need someone special for our team.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Growing the customer base; identifying and enlisting new villages for installation of micro-grids, manage marketing campaigns
- Recruit, train and manage agent network. The agent networks main tasks are:
- Sign-up customers for services and appliance sales/leasing
- Install meters and plug-n-play appliances
- Ongoing sale of pre-paid services
- Identify customer demand and provide feedback to improve offerings
- Measure division performance and report to CEO
The following Key Performance Metrics (KPMs) will be used to evaluate the performance of the division:
- Average Revenue per User (ARPU)
- Customer acquisition: New customers per month; Absolute and relative to potential connections
- Customer retention, as a measure of customer satisfaction
The following qualification and experience are assets:
- 5 years or more in relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills in English required; proficiency in Swahili desired
- Sales or Marketing of consumer goods in East Africa
- Start-up experience
- Experience in building, managing network of sales/service agents
- MBA, MSc or equivalent degree
- Working knowledge of ERP software, being used to working remotely via email and instant messaging
- Being a naturally organized and trustworthy person
You will be based in Mbeya with frequent trips to location in Tanzania or abroad, as needed. Working schedule will be typical office hours. Weekend working days may be required, as needed. You will report to the CEO of the Company.
We are an energy services company, which provides affordable and reliable energy to low-income people in rural villages not connected to the power grid. We provides our energy services to people in rural villages who don’t have the lumped amount to buy a solar home system. Our customers save up to 30% on their energy expenditure and receive higher quality and reliability thanks to our smart solar micro-grids.
The service is based on village-sized smart energy grids, which provide solar power to households and small businesses; it allows the users to connect lights and appliances such as radios, TVs and refrigerators. Thanks to the innovative proprietary technology used in its smart micro-grid, we are able to provide a wide range of
services, while keeping the investment per connection very low, resulting in an attractive return on investment (ROI).
The key feature of the system is an energy meter that powers the household or business with a pre-paid pay-per-use approach, where customers top up their credit by using a mobile money platform, such as Vodacom M-Pesa, or directly at a local shop.
We are a fast growing, high potential venture business run by a strong team of experienced professionals. We seek an entrepreneurial minded, highly talented individual to join our team in Tanzania.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3036”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3036 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 29th September 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: africa, agent, agents, and, building, business, communication, company, customer, cv, East Africa, energy, ERP, financial, grid, head, installation, insurance, investment, job, key, Knowledge, line, manage, Marketing, MBA, medical, mobile, network, of, Office, people, person, power, professionals, Quality, Recruit, reliability, rural, sale, sales, service, services, shop, software, solar, stock, tanzania, team, technology, the, travel, work