Job Vacancy – Head of Sales
Duma Works is recruiting a Head of Sales. The hiring company is a reputable furniture franchise in East Africa which imports its furniture from Asia.
The Head of Sales will be functionally accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and be responsible for driving sales for the business. S/he will provide leadership to the sales team and will collaborate with production and other departments to ensure exceptional customer service delivery.
- Drive the sales team to achieve mutually agreed targets
- Manage and maintain client relationships and public relations
- Identify new sales opportunities and manage key accounts
- Reactivate dormant client accounts
- Manage and monitor all large deals/quotations/tenders
- Propose and implement effective sales strategies
- Push slow moving stock
- Develop and execute new leads
- Achieve regional sales and wholesale growth
Performance Management and Training- 25%
- Identify training needs for the sales tea
- Plan and execute effective sales team training
- Be a role model, mentor and inspiring leader for the sales team
- Continue to improve systems and processes
- Manage sales team performance and daily activities
- Evaluate and monitor sales team skills, knowledge and grooming
- Conduct monthly appraisals of the sales team.
Analysis and Reporting- 25%
- Ensure the Client Relationship Management (CRM) software is up to date and used effectively
- Manage and analyse data within the Client Database to inform sales strategy
- Conduct internal product portfolio analysis
- Carry out market intelligence and research
- Prepare timely and accurate sales reports.
Other responsibilities- 25%
- Manage operations of the sales office
- Accomplish quick resolution of sales related issues
- Assist with ordering of containers and monitoring of stock levels
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the CEO from time to time
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Have at least 8 years of B2B sales experience; 3 years managing teams
- Have a proven track record of successfully building and leading sales teams to achieve their sales targets
- Be results-driven with a keen eye for operational efficiency and data-driven decision making
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be commercially astute with a solid understanding of a company’s commercial revenue drivers
- Have strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve and think critically about business needs.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3031”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3031 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 29th September 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: accounts, analysis, analytical, and, B2B, B2B Sales, building, business, client, commercial, communication, customer, Customer service, Data, delivery, driving, executive, field, growth, head, intelligence, key, Knowledge, Leadership, manage, Management, market, monitoring, of, Office, officer, operations, opportunities, product, production, Public relations, relations, Relationship, relationship management, research, sales, Sales Strategy, service, software, stock, strategy, systems, team, the, training