Job Vacancy – HR Associate
Our client, a leading business accelerator is looking to hire a HR Associate to assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the HR department. The HR Associate’s responsibilities will revolve around the following functional areas; Filing, contract management, recruitment, leave administration, employee onboarding and offboarding process, immigrations, and assisting, and assisting with HRIS implementation. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya but supports functions across all offices in the region. This position will report to the Head of Talent and Human Capital.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Human Resources and general administrative responsibilities; they will be able to work autonomously and effectively to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations, with minimal supervision.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in managing physical and electronic employee documents by ensuring that all files are compliant, up to date and complete.
- Assist in coordinating recruitment across all offices, posting advertisements, responding to applications, long-listing candidates, and scheduling interviews (as applicable).
- Assist in drafting employment offer letters and contracts, amendments and renewals.
- Assist in the development of employee materials for onboarding and offboarding
- Track probation reviews for new hires and final review reminders to the manager one month before the end of the probation period.
- Update the HRIS and other systems as requested.
- Provide administrative support and be the point of contact to the HR department
- Support other functions as assigned.
Who we are looking for:
- You have 2-3 years of experience working in the people department, as a HR Assistant/Coordinator.
- You have a relevant Higher Diploma/CHRP or relevant bachelor’s degree
- You are an Associate Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management.
- You have exposure to Labour Law and employment law regulations.
- You understand HR functions and best practices
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- You have familiarity and comfort working with MS Office
- You have meticulous attention to detail
- You are a people person – you love interacting with new people and guiding them on a journey
- You are curious and naturally driven to learn new things
- You are a natural problem solver; and can produce results with minimal supervision
Why work with our client?
- Purpose-driven organization and role
- Get exposed to business’s realities
- Learn about innovation and entrepreneurship across the continent
- Become part of a highly committed, international team
- Your work involves meeting top entrepreneurs and senior executives on the continent
- You get to work with the investment community across Africa
- A good base salary with performance-based incentives
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya. We aim to have a candidate start by October 2022.
To apply online click here
THIS POSITION IS CLOSED
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, administrative, and, assistant, associate, client, communication, coordinator, development, diploma, employee, Employment, employment law, entrepreneurs, entrepreneurship, executives, general, head, HR, HR assistant, human, human capital, Human Resource, human resources, innovation, international, interviews, investment, Kenya, Knowledge, law, Management, manager, nairobi, of, one, operations, people, person, point, Recruitment, resource, salary, senior, support, systems, talent, the, work