Job Vacancy – HR Officer in Nairobi
Duma Works is recruiting a HR Officer for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading audit, business and finance consultancy firm.
• Develop, update and maintain HR policies, procedures and programs based on legislation and best practice
• Ensure compliance to the HR process within the department and by relevant stakeholders, while recommending improvements to streamline HR processes
• Implements and interprets management policies and operating practices for the purpose of achieving department objectives and ensuring compliance with administrative requirements.
• Coordinate staff training on labor relations activities (e.g. compliance information/instruction materials, procedures, methods, etc.) for the purpose of addressing compliance issues and injury causative activities.
• Develops a wide variety of written materials (e.g. forms, procedures, reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
• Maintains a wide variety of records (e.g. provider contracts, claim files, employee records, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or documentation.
• Analyze staff data and provide recommendations for improvement of organization’s staff policies and practices
• Act as a liaison between management and employees by providing clarity on employment matters and facilitating a solution to work-related problems
• Analyze legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining agreements to assess industry trends
• Performs case management as it pertains to employment issues regarding compliance for the purpose of ensuring maximum benefits for employees in accordance with company objectives and guidelines and in alignment with company financial resources.
• Prepares written materials (e.g. claims, correspondence, compliance reports, employment documents, etc.) for the purpose of providing documentation and/or conveying information.
• Provides consultation and advises management for the purpose of ensuring compliance with legal and administrative requirements.
• Participate in exit interviews
• Develop and implement employee welfare projects
• Organise and plan for the works committee meetings.
• Represent the company at staff-related hearings and investigations.
• Should have Bachelors in HR management.
• Should be able to handle a task force of around 100 personnel.
• Willing to train a fresh graduate.
• Interpersonal Skills.
• Objectivity and Tact.
• Fairness and ability to Resolve.
• Approachable and Compassionate.
• Leadership Skills.
• Emotional Intelligence.
• Should be able to empathize.
• Good communicator.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2804”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2804 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Wednesday, 17 May 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: administrative, audit, Data, DUMA, DUMA Works, Employment, Find a Job, HR, HR Officer, Human Resource, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, nairobi, opening, Opportunity, Recruiting, Vacancies, vacancy