Job Vacancy – Hub Manager (Vihiga County)
Duma Works is recruiting a Hub Manager in Vihiga County. The hiring organization is a reputable women-focused start-up that uniquely combines financing and last-mile distribution of modern household goods in a one-stop shop for the rural areas.
We are a women-focused start-up that uniquely combines financing and last-mile distribution of modern household goods in a one-stop shop for the rural areas. We make technology goods, such as solar systems or efficient jikos, both accessible and affordable by offering consumer financing to the under-served and unbanked. We deliver life improving products to our clients’ doorsteps while making all products payable in affordable instalments.
We sell our products through groups that are recruited and managed by women leaders in the rural heartlands of Bungoma, Kakamega and Nandi Counties. Since our humble beginnings in 2015, we have reached over 5,000 clients and are expanding our reach further with new locations coming up.
After having established our first two branches in Webuye and Kapsabet, and about to open our Moi’s Bridge and Mumias branches, we are now expanding to Mbale (Vihiga).
About the role
The area manager will be based in Vihiga County and responsible for recruiting, training and managing a team of around 8 staff, whose main job is to build relationships with clients, which is a mix of a sales and a loan officer role. The hire will be responsible for achieving set targets for the area that include both sales and client repayment behaviour.
In addition, this is an opportunity to be part of a growing start-up with big ambitions and a dedicated team but it also means that it’s a rapidly changing environment, requiring you to be responsive and adaptable.
- Recruit and train group coordinators under the current curriculum in the area of your operation – attracting and retaining the right talent is a strategic priority
- Monitor and support the team of group coordinators ensuring they reach their targets in their assigned territories and administrative duties are completed
- Continually evaluate the team, conduct performance reviews and develop internal trainings to strengthen skills
- Analyse company customer relations and how to improve service for current and new customers, as for us our customers are at the heart of our business
- Run the area office, including all administrative duties such as stock reconciliations, record keeping and reporting, overseeing staff expenses etc.
- Travel frequently to the field to monitor activities, manage team and meet with customers.
- You’re passionate about rural development and making a difference for the less well-off in this country and excited about working in a multi-cultural environment; You value diversity and are respectful to others
- You are a team player who leads by example and excellent at listening and building trust and long-lasting relationships with clients and within teams
- You value ownership and freedom in exchange for accountability and responsibility. You are self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets
- Minimum two years’ experience as loan officer or field officer working directly with clients in rural areas
- At least one-year experience of managing a team of employees (not just casual workers)
- Degree in Business Studies, Rural Development or equivalent
- Willingness to start trainee programme in Webuye or Kapsabet for 2 months before relocation to Vihiga. We run a 6 day work week out there
- Sales experience an advantage but not a must; Knowledge of local dialects a strong advantage.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3163”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3163 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 29 December 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: administrative, and, area, building, bungoma, business, client, company, country, customer, customer relations, development, field, Group, hire, job, Kapsabet, key, Knowledge, loan, manage, manager, Nandi, of, Office, officer, Opportunity, Recruiting, relations, reporting, rural, sales, service, shop, solar, stock, support, systems, talent, team, technology, the, trainee, training, two, vihiga, webuye, work