Job Vacancy – Human Resource Manager
Duma Works is recruiting a Human Resource Manager for our client; a leading international school in Nairobi.
Recruitment and Selection
- Responsibilities of the post recruitment and selection;
- Provide all administration for the School recruitment process including: creating and placing of advertisements, creating/updating job descriptions/person specifications in liaison with Heads of departments and administering adverts on recruitment platforms;
- Provide an effective safe recruitment function for the school, regularly reviewing and amending as appropriate and in line with legislation;
- Reference requests and arrange interview schedules in liaison with Heads of Department;
- Arrange new staff inductions liaising with Head of Departments and other line managers to ensure all staff are welcomed into the school in a consistent manner;
- Liaise with the Curriculum Administrator to administer academic probationary review process;
- Ensure all staff have current job descriptions and proper documentation in their files;
- Liaise with Heads of department to ensure all staff receive regular reviews during their probationary period and send out confirmation in post letters;
- Manage induction and exit process including undertaking of exit interviews when required;
- Provide administrative support for the academic staff review system.
- Monitor performance of support staff groups and individuals;
- Provide, monitor and administer the support staff probationary review process;
- Time off monitoring and coaching of line managers in addressing leave allocation;
- Administer requests for maternity and paternity leave and liaise with Heads of Department;
- Support and advise line managers during disciplinary and performance processes;
- Investigate employee grievances when required and in line with School policies providing reports to line managers with recommendations;
- Liaise with the School legal advisers as appropriate;
- Prepare documents and letters to support grievance/disciplinary procedures;
- Manage day to day HR administrative duties as well as providing coaching and guidance to managers and School Leadership Team on employment issues.
Training and Development
- Support the training and development of staff;
- Liaise with the academic professional development officer to find training gaps;
- Liaise with the support staff managers and academic Heads of Department to provide support staff training;
- Maintain a training register to maintain and update a support staff training matrix;
- Arrange training and liaise with training providers when required.
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards in the school;
- Provide management reports to the CEO on HR matters;
- Provide HR advice to the School Leadership Team and line managers in line with disciplinary/grievance employment conditions, procedures, etc., providing information, reports, statistics, as required;
- Formation/updating of policies in line with new and changing legislation to update existing policies and formulation of new policies when required;
- Maintain an overview of the School HR function, identifying opportunities to achieve School objectives and improve processes.
- Processing of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, new starter/ leaver/ variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines;
- Ensuring proper remittance of all statutory returns;
- Timely issuance of employee pay slips;
- Liaison with Payroll, ensuring all information related to new staff, staff changes, leavers, etc., is forwarded in good time; assist in resolving pay queries.
- Support the administration associated with annual pay review including correspondence, payroll notification, etc.
- Must have 6+ years’ experience in Human Resource Management;
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree specialized in Human Resource Management;
- Must be a member of IHRM,
- Must have payroll experience;
- Experience working in an international school will be an added advantage.
The candidate should have:-
- Passion for sustainability and the environment;
- Fun, pleasant and easy to work with;
- Very strong interpersonal skills’
- A Creative approach in problem solving;
- The ability to work with a very dynamic group of teachers.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2985”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2985 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th August 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, administrative, Administrator, adverts, advice, and, development, employee, Employment, Group, head, HR, human, Human Resource, IHRM, information, international, interview, interviews, job, Leadership, legal, Liaison, line, Management, monitoring, of, off, officer, opportunities, person, professional, Recruitment, recruitment process, resource, statistics, support, support staff, team, the, training, work