Job Vacancy – Human Resources Manager
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED TO BE:
- Bachelor or Masters in Human Resources and at least 2-3 years working experience.
- Knowledge and experience in employment law in Tanzania, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Someone who is sensitive to and understands organisational culture as well as have the ability to understand and be sensitive to different backgrounds of employees and overall company culture, as well as lead the upholding of a positive culture.
- We are scaling so there will be a requirement to learn employment law, starting with the United States (state specific) and South Africa
- Communication skills – Take initiative and is confident to interact and liaise on sensitive issues at all levels. Listen, explains, challenges and supports people.
- Team player & cross-cultural awareness – Works effectively in a team. Collaborates and shares information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders, is able to work in a dual office model.
- Displays dedication and prioritises problems by considering the impact on the organization; identifies quick-wins and is able to quickly recover from loses.
- Discretion – Respect confidentiality when required on sensitive matters. This is essential given the nature of the job.
- Acts as a people developer.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management and to remain well versed in all applicable employment laws.
- Responsible for updating any and all Company Policies as the laws changes, for situations where the change in the law would cause our current policy to be in non-compliance with the law (both internationally and locally).
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Providing legal assistance to all staff (in the country and abroad) in particular in the areas of employment law, private insurance and social security insurance as well as with in-house policies.
- Consult legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Maintaining efficient and effective resource planning at every stage of the process and in line with our policy as well as ensure our compliance with necessary governmental policy.
- Point person for the recruitment, selection and onboarding process
- Creating and revising job descriptions as applicable
- Conducting and analyzing exit interviews and being the champion of implementing recommended changes where appropriate
Owner of Personnel files (physical and electronic)
- Maintains historical human resource records by implementing the filing and retrieval system that works both physically and virtually; keeping past and current records.
- Maintaining department records and reports and documents
Training and Development
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Establishes an in-house employee training system that addresses company training need including training needs assessment, management development and measurement of training impact
- Implement and maintain an effective and valuable on the job training – at Ubongo, we are always learning!
- Maintains all employee training records.
Compensation and benefits
- Implementing and revising (as appropriate) company’s compensation and benefits program
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Provide advice on conflict management and act as the chairman of any conflict resolution meetings/disciplinary hearings (unless personally involved).
- Creating systems that allow for an inclusive environment for all remote Ubongoers with respect to (but not limited to) all training and development, staff welfare and general support needs from the Tanzanian Office.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and UBONGOERs Principles by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures both those in and out of office
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs
- Responsible for documenting and filing all agreed upon development plans
HR Strategy and Policy owner
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Keeps the management team informed of significant problems related to personnel that potentially jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
Attendance and leave monitoring
- Responsible for keeping accurate and current records of employee attendance, leave schedule and balances
- Take appropriate disciplinary action (in line with the appropriate policy or contract) when an employee abuses attendance standards
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3666”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3666 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Saturday, 21 December 2019
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: advice, africa, and, Apply, building, business, communication, company, company culture, Company Training, compliance, country, Data, developer, development, employee, employee relations, Employment, enterprise, general, HR, human, Human Resource, human resources, impact, information, insurance, interviews, job, Knowledge, law, legal, level, line, Management, manager, of, Office, operations, opportunities, people, person, planning, point, policies, programs, Recruitment, relations, reports, resource, salary, scaling, security, social, Social Enterprise, solutions, strategy, support, systems, tanzania, team, Team player, the, training, work, works