Job Vacancy – ICT Infrastructure Manager
Duma Works is recruiting an ICT Infrastructure Manager for our client; a reputable solar energy for profit company in Uganda.
The ICT Infrastructure Manager is responsible and accountable for the smooth running of the company’s computer systems in Uganda within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of the company’s computing needs.
The ICT Infrastructure Manager reports to the Operations Manager and will work collaboratively with other desk managers.
- Planning – Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for ICT staff; assign work activities, projects, and programs; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- ICT Infrastructure – Manage and provide the deployment, monitoring, maintenance and support of all ICT systems, PC’s, operating systems, hardware, software, and telecommunication systems
- Problem Solving – Respond to the needs and questions of computer users concerning their access to resources on the network, stand-alone personal computers, or attached devices; assist in problems relating to various software programs as necessary.
- Communication – Serve as the liaison for ICT with other departments, and gives timely updates by keeping the institution informed of any challenges experienced with the systems.
- Quality service: ICT & company’s SLAs must be warranty.
- Training: Laising with training desk to organise and execute ICT trainings. Should oversee the training and impact of the first line response team in the branches and HQ.
- Education: Bachelors in Computer Science,IT or Similar field.
- Experience: At least 3 years of proven work experience with applications packages like Linux Scripting, Odoo, Zabbix, OTRS, WPS
Proven track record in managing teams and working in complex environments with various stakeholders.
Monitoring large systems in distributed environment.
- Key Skills:
Excellent Organisational Skills
Strong Leadership and decision making skills.
Great IT skills combined with a good head for business.
Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms.
Problem solving, communication/listening skills.
Proactive and takes rational actions; challenge taker
Result oriented, capable to adapt to a dynamic environment.
About the ICT Infrastructure Manager
The ICT manager is responsible for the administration and implementation of the Management Information System while auditing and development is done by the ICT development team. He/She will provide leadership to ICT operations and infrastructure ensuring that an appropriate technical support framework is in place, including the management and delivery of service support and service delivery. He/She will work closely with other departments to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions. As well as these responsibilities, the ICT manager will define and implement ICT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Location: The place of work is in Kampala (Uganda) but will require regular travel to the branches within Uganda.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3130”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3130 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Thursday, 23 November 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, auditing, Best Practices, business, communication, computer science, computing, delivery, development, field, hardware, head, ICT, ICT Infrastructure Manager, impact, information, IT, IT manager, job, kampala, key, Leadership, Liaison, line, LINUX, maintenance, Management, manager, monitoring, network, of, operations, operations manager, personal, policies, programs, Quality, reporting, science, service, software, solutions, support, systems, team, technical, technology, the, training, travel, uganda, work