Job Vacancy – Impact Associate
Duma Works is recruiting an Impact Associate for one of our clients; a fast-growing social enterprise.
We are looking for an Associate to join the Impact team. This team is responsible for owning and executing on the company’s impact measurement and M&E processes to understand how the training and jobs the company provides impact workers’ skills, income, and overall quality of life.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with expertise in quantitative research methods to support the analyses of our impact measurement program and data. You will analyze the firm’s proprietary and unique data sets (including detailed data on worker performance, demographics, income levels, and household characteristics) in order to track, report on, and improve outcomes attributable to the firm.
You will also have the opportunity to work on developing programs that set the firm’s workers up for long-term success.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to support an Impact Operations function in a fast-growing and far-reaching social enterprise. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and have the ability to communicate complex analysis to a variety of audiences.
This is a flexible, part-time contract role that is based out of Nairobi with the opportunity to transition to a full-time role.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data Collection: Collect quantitative and qualitative impact data from our key geographies. Work closely across the company’s teams, contractors and partners to ensure accurate data reporting.
- Data Analysis: Support internal and external reporting of our impact data and present progress and findings. Leverage insights from your analyses to drive our business model as we scale.
- Worker Programs: Identify key local partners who can support worker program offerings. • Support the firm’s Impact initiatives in Kenya, Uganda and India.
- Cross-functional: Work closely with the Impact team and Professional Services team to continuously improve general framework for the firm’s global field management program.
- BA/BSc with strong analytical skills and comfort working with complex data.
- Experience using Excel for data analysis. Experience with statistical software such as Stata or SPSS preferred. Experience with youth organizations, civil society organizations, or related groups
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently problem-solve, research issues and conduct preliminary analysis to help inform decisions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- High level of integrity, energy and proven ability to do what it takes to get things done
- At home in a fast-paced environment that requires excellent time-management and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Comfort in working independently in an unstructured environment, with reliable execution and timelines and strong communication skills
To submit an application: Send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are qualified and how this position will help you achieve your career goals. Send to [email protected]. As the subject line of your email, write “2120” and please make sure to include your Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2120, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 25th March 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
Posted in Jobs Tags: analysis, analyst, associate, availability, Data, evaluations M&E, impact, job, monitoring, nairobi, opening, SPSS, stata, vacancy