Job Vacancy – Imports Manager
Duma Works is recruiting an Imports Manager for one of its clients in Nairobi, Moko Home + Living.
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to a mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Lead Import Supply Chain Growth and Development
- Ensure import supply chain systems, processes and team capacity are apace with company growth.
- Proactively grow the company’s supplier network for key materials to mitigate risk and keep pace with growing demand; identify and attend relevant trade fairs and conduct overseas factory visits.
- Keep up-to-date with global market changes relevant to our key product lines,
- Develop international sourcing plans to accommodate increasingly complex sales and manufacturing needs.
- Effectively identify and troubleshoot problems wherever they may arise along our supply chain and implement effective, lasting solutions.
Manage Key Supply Chain Relationships
- Manage relationships with key local and foreign service providers.
- Coordinate work with our Mauritius-based global sourcing team.
- Oversee key global supplier relationships and support in building new ones,
Achieve Efficient Compliance
- Keep abreast with local and global regulatory changes such as those concerning customs and product standards.
- Ensure compliance practices are built into our systems in an efficient, streamlined way
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers and colleagues.
- Candidates with at least 3 years’ management experience managing a large team preferable.
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness.
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing setting (process, chemical, mechanical).
- Technical background a plus.
To apply online click here
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 26 November 2018
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: customs, furniture, import, innovation, job vacancy, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, Kenya, logistics, manufacturing, product development, Quality, Vacancies