Duma Works is recruiting an Imports Marketing Officer for a leading automotive company in Nairobi.
JOB TITLE: Imports & Marketing Officer
SECTION: Logistics & Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Sales & Marketing Manager
2. NATURE AND SCOPE:
Ensure smooth flow of All goods imported by HMK from the country of origin to destination point.
Follow up with the shipper, the clearing agents assigned to facilitate the customs clearance process and finally ensure that they arrive in the same condition as they left the place of origin and within the time frame that was set.
Procure marketing materials
Control marketing material stock and send periodical reports for the same
3. REPORTING LINES
The person will report to the Sales & Marketing Manager.
3.1 Key Internal Relationships
• Sales department
• Service department
• Parts department
• Finance department
3.2 Key External Relationships
• Clearing agent
• Relevant government agencies (KRA, KPA, Treasury)
• Window person from where the goods originate
• Marketing Merchandise suppliers and service providers.
• Marketing agencies
4. Roles & Responsibilities
i) For CKDs and CBUs
Assist the current job holder in the following ways;
a) Ensure that all the documents related to CKDs are correct and the contents thereof match the consignment being shipped
b) Ensure that necessary documents relating to customs clearance are dispatched from country of origin and received by the clearing agent before the shipment docks.
c) Ensure that all the necessary documentation generated by treasury, KRA and our local bank that are related to the shipment in question are ready and handed over to the clearing agent in time before the shipment docks.
d) Follow up on a regular basis the ETA of the shipment dispatched and confirm if it matches the ETA set.
e) Follow up with the clearing agent on the status of shipment under customs clearance.
f) Supervise or delegate the opening of the shipment once it arrives at HMK.
g) Facilitating the timely retirement of bonds as soon as the particular consignment is completely invoiced.
h) Monitor the usage of bond amount allocated by the bank to ensure it is always adequate
ii) Spare Parts
a) Preparing the necessary documentation required to dispatch the spare parts from the dispatch point of origin.
b) Ensure that necessary documents relating to customs clearance are dispatched from the parts country of origin and received by the clearing agent before the shipment docks.
c) Follow up on a regular basis the ETA of the shipment dispatched and confirm if it matches the ETA set.
d) Follow up with the clearing agent on the status of shipment under customs clearance.
e) Supervising or delegating the opening of the shipment once it arrives at HMK.
• Gather market intelligence on legislation relating to and affecting the importation process in general and customs clearance process in particular. This includes legislation issued by bodies such as KEBS.
• Ensure there is proper record keeping of all import and export documents
• Create records in soft copy for quick reference (preferably in excel spreadsheet)
• Coordinating periodical inventory stock taking of marketing Materials and related inventories
• Source for suppliers and Promptly liaise with them to ensure timely delivery of Sales & Marketing materials and campaigns
• Keep and update marketing stock records
5. QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• A minimum of Diploma in clearing and forwarding related studies
• At least three years experience in a similar position.
• Must be proficient in Computers
• The associate should have a good understanding of the import and export process with emphasis on motorcycle CKDs.
• They should be a person requiring minimum supervision and able to meet deadlines
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3261”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3261 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 09 March 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.