Job Vacancy – Infrastructure Engineer
- The Ideal candidate would have some experience working in an IT environment dealing with cloud technologies. New graduates will also be considered.
- Knowledge of Virtualization, Linux, Windows, network/IP based systems is highly desirable. The main focus is on deployment and operations of business user solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written communications skills is a must. Ability to articulate concepts and operate in a team oriented environment. It is important to be customer oriented.
- Provide on-going support of the existing cloud infrastructure
- Ensure that infrastructure systems are available, operational (24×7).
- Being able to respond to alerts and take corrective action to ensure platform uptime is maintained
- Participate in a schedule of on-call rotation (after working hours)
- Being interested and able to grow in developing architectural designs, scripting, automated IT infrastructure systems. Learning platform area elements, enhanced configuration management systems, for example Chef, Puppet
- Work in coordination with other internal teams to ensure the infrastructure fully and effectively supports current and planned application systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an IT related discipline
- Relevant training or experience in Enterprise Systems and/or Network Administration (UNIX/Linux, FreeBSD, Windows)
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure, experience building high availability infrastructure
- It is desirable to understand Internet based technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH,)
- A degree of knowledge of security approaches within cloud and data center infrastructure
- Experience with Databases (MS SQL, MYSQL, etc) is good to have, but not a must for this position.
- Experience with Virtualization platforms (KVM, Citrix, VMware) is desirable
- Experience with programming/scripting languages is desirable
- Interest and motivation to document key points of design and operational practices, working within existing within the team approaches
- Experience with automated systems, scripting, software development disciplines
- Strong interest to learn the latest automation tools
- The perfect candidate has a desire to be part of advanced team
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3435”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3435 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Sunday, 05 August 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, cloud, Communications, customer, Data, Engineer, IT, job, Job Opening, job vacancy, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, key, LINUX, MySQL, network, network administration, operations, software, solutions, SQL, support, systems, Systems administration, virtualization