Job Vacancy – Internal Auditor in Uganda
Duma Works is recruiting am Internal Auditor for one of our clients; a reputable solar energy for profit company in Uganda.
The Internal Auditor will be based in Kampala, but the job requires intensive field travel in Uganda, Kenya and other neighboring countries (in which the company plans to open branches).
About the role
- The Internal Auditor monitors and evaluates how well risks are being managed, the business is being governed and internal processes are working.
- He/she provides advises management on how to improve systems and processes.
- The quarterly work plan is approved by the company’s Supervisory Board, to whom the Internal Auditor also reports.
- The Auditor supervises a team of 2-3 junior auditors.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Develop a deep understanding of business processes;
• Travel to branches and visit clients to verify compliance with policies and procedures;
• Evaluate compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Ensures a company complies with internal regulations and established control protocol
• Assess the overall integrity, efficiency, reliability and compliance of the organization’s internal control mechanism and of it’s rules and regulations.
• Test, design the integrity of existing financial controls.
• Prepare reports to the Supervisory Board and Management highlighting risks;
• Create and update internal audit plan. Draft the quarterly audit plan and present to the Supervisory Board
• Perform risk assessments on key business activities;
• Reconcile documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy
• Evaluate information management systems and computer databases. Ensure that confidential customer information and proprietary intellectual property is secure, and user authorization is matches with appropriate access to privileged information.
• Makes recommendations for the best ways for a company to avoid fraud and reduce waste
• Monitor external developments possibly affecting the business;
• Provide recommendations to make improvements to operations;
The ideal candidate is 30+ years or older, and has relevant experience working in audit function in banking, micro-finance, or retail business with a branch network also, conducting internal audits for multinationals is an added advantage.
The candidate has a BSc or MSc degree in the field of Finance, Economics or Accounting, and possess the following skills and experience:
- Auditing knowledge of Legal and Financial Systems.
- Documentation and Record Keeping.
- Work experience conducting internal audits for multinational companies.
- The ability to use your own initiative and work independently;
- Analytically thinking and attention to detail;
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity;
- The ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgment;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Resilience under pressure;
- Flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change.
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3284”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3284 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 23 March 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: audit, Auditor, banking, economics, energy, Finance, financial, job, Job Matching, Job Opening, Job Opportunity, job vacancy, Jobs, jobs in kenya, jobs in nairobi, kampala, Kenya, Management, nairobi, opening, operations, Opportunity, Recruiting, solar, solar energy, uganda, vacancy, work