Job Vacancy – IT Manager
Our client a Reinsurance Company seek to recruit an IT Manager. Their main target is to promote trade, development and integration within the African region through trade of insurance and reinsurance business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish IT strategy and roadmap, including IT budget;
- Lead in the ongoing development and implementation for process improvements and SOPs;
- Manage / oversee administration over various internal applications such as SICS, SUN, INNOVA etc;
- Keep all levels of management informed on progress;
- Communicate up and out on all IT issues;
- Ensure high availability of IT systems such as Servers, Storage, Networking, Telephony, Workstation operating environments, and end-point protection;
- Provide input, support and hands-on leadership for all IT services;
- Manage daily IT infrastructure operations, including any outsourcing partners;
- Direct IT infrastructure project management activities around new construction and special projects;
- Manage, motivate and develop a high-performing IT team;
- Manage all internal, co-located, and cloud data centers;
- Partner and execute across all business projects;
- Manage all third-party vendors;
- Research, recommend, and implement new infrastructure-based technology as needed;
- Manage service desk team in accordance with ITIL best practices;
- Collaborate and support engineering teams with shared infrastructure;
- Ensure electronic information created, acquired, or maintained by the client and its authorized users are used in accordance with its intended and approved purpose;
- Protect information and infrastructure from external and internal threats;
- Comply with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding electronic information as it pertains to confidentiality, integrity, and availability;
- Collaborate closely in areas such as business continuity planning, loss and fraud protection, privacy, and all information technology areas;
- Develop Systems Security monitoring, analysis, detection and incident response processes;
- Implement strategies to protect the clients electronic information resources including information generated, stored, transmitted, or processed by the client;
- Work with the clients security and privacy experts, IT resource providers, data owners, third parties, and other individuals and groups to develop and implement practice and programs to uphold the security principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the client’s resources;
- Collaborate with technical leads, business groups and legal to develop and maintain an effective information security roadmap;
- Actively take up any other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field;
- 6+ years of successful hands-on experience supporting Enterprise Infrastructure in a Windows-based, high availability environment, based on virtualized infrastructure;
- Experience in the insurance sector will be an added advantage;
- 5+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in high growth, dynamic organization(s) with a group size of more than 5 team members;
- Exceptional customer service skills and affinity for partnering with business stakeholders;
- Knowledge of handling applications such as SICS, SUN, INNOVA etc or insurance industry applications.
- Open to extensive travel.
- Ability to lead and multitask;
- Drive, enthusiasm and self-confidence;
- Strong influence and negotiation skills;
- Showcase resilience and ability to work in a constantly changing environment;
- Pro activity and decisiveness;
- Articulate, diplomatic and confident communicator, orally, in writing and in work;
- Strong intellectual capacity and sound judgement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotionally intelligent.
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “2989”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2989 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 28 August 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Posted in Jobs Tags: Administration, analysis, and, availability, Best Practices, business, capacity, client, cloud, computer science, construction, customer, Customer service, Data, development, engineering, enterprise, field, Group, growth, industry, information, information technology, insurance, IT, Knowledge, Leadership, legal, manage, Management, monitoring, networking, of, operations, partner, planning, programs, project, project management, research, resource, science, security, service, services, strategy, support, systems, team, technical, technology, work, writing