Job Vacancy – Junior Accountant
Duma Works is recruiting a Junior accountant for one of our clients in Nairobi; a leading manufacturer and supplier of biogas digesters and appliances.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded in East Africa (so far Kenya and Tanzania)
- Update accounts receivable and reconcile with sales management database
- Update accounts payable
- Maintain and record fixed assets
- Accounting for inventories in multiple locations (within East Africa and also in Kenya)
- Perform Intercompany reconciliations with our group companies
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Manage petty cash procedures in relation to sales and operations budgets
- Perform monthly preparation of VAT returns for our EA companies.
- Prepare and submit regular financial reports to management as well as donors/lenders
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects (e.g. implementation of accounting software)
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices esp. IFRS/IAS and Kenyan GAAP
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant accounting software
- Qualifications (e.g. ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3169”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3169 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 22 December 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.
Posted in Jobs Tags: ACCA, accountant, Accounting, accounts, africa, analytical, and, biogas, business, company, DUMA, DUMA Works, East Africa, financial, GAAP, general, Group, junior, Kenya, Knowledge, manage, Management, nairobi, of, Office, one, operations, processing, Recruiting, reporting, sales, senior, software, works